Tank is home and doing pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hi all. Tank came home yesterday. They were able to get the stone broken up and removed. They went in just above his left rear leg. He seems to be doing good. He ate some greens and wheat grass. He also took a huge drink this morning. He also stood up on that left hind leg for a few seconds. He is moving around some, he kinda drags that leg some. The vet said his prognosis is fair. I will have to give him injections every three days to keep him from getting an infection. I am keeping him on news paper for several weeks to keep him clean. He has not pooped yet but some liquid stool has come out a few times, not enough to say it was a movement. I hope he makes a full recovery. Thanks for all the support.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
glad he is home.. i would put him on carpet or a towel and not newspaper.. its slippery and not much traction.
why only a fair Prognosis? Surgery complications or stones may come back?

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Glad to hear the surgery was successful, I will continue to keep him in my prayers for a full recovery :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Happy he's home. I'm wondering the same thing as Laura.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
i bet the TANK is also happy to be home! i needed good news and found yours ~ made me feel good! love the name tank, almost called my bulldog that. take good care of that tank. LINDY

jsphr90

5 Year Member
thank god! ive been waiting for news on the little guy, glad hes doing better :) im wishing for a speedy recover and a full bounce back!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks everyone. Laura and Tom, he can still get an infection and the surgery was really hard on him. I will do everything in my power to see that he makes it, I love the little guy. I was wondering if this stone could have caused his growth rate to be so slow. Hmm, I will question the vet on that and let you no.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Glad he is home and doing well.

Glad he is home and doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.