image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Enclosure is too small and the gauge needs to be digital, the analog are not accurate and should be placed at tortoise height.
A hatchling needs a closed chamber with high humidity and an adult needs a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure.

Alexisiis

New York
Enclosure is too small and the gauge needs to be digital, the analog are not accurate and should be placed at tortoise height.
A hatchling needs a closed chamber with high humidity and an adult needs a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure.
I’m gonna go to the store and get a digital one soon. As for the enclosure I cannot currently upgrade it. HOWEVER, I do plant to eventually in the future

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I’m gonna go to the store and get a digital one soon. As for the enclosure I cannot currently upgrade it. HOWEVER, I do plant to eventually in the future
Yeah it’s all been addressed on the previous thread, I’m sure you’ll get on the right track🙂

Was there something you wanted toms advice on in particular?

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
lol this got me thinking cuz when I got tank, the employee said his grandpa had a red eared slider that lived for 70 years off of cat food. I side eyed him like crazy
The last petsmart i was in had a redfoot tortoise in a cold dark enclosure with wet substrate and it's eyes were stuck shut. They told me once every other week they soak it to get it's eyes open. 🤨

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
The last petsmart i was in had a redfoot tortoise in a cold dark enclosure with wet substrate and it's eyes were stuck shut. They told me once every other week they soak it to get it's eyes open. 🤨
That’s just so heartbreaking! I hate how giant chain pet stores operate😣

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Yes. I got it from petsmart. I already got rid of the moss. This photo was from 2 days ago
I’m glad he found you! I always feel so bad for the pet store tortoises. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve wanted to buy one just to get them out of there.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
lol this got me thinking cuz when I got tank, the employee said his grandpa had a red eared slider that lived for 70 years off of cat food. I side eyed him like crazy
Red eared sliders are notorious survivors. This may be partially true.

Alexisiis

New York
Thanks. I’ll post another current photo tmr bc it’s 12 where I live
I also just noticed these tiny grey bugs with small antennas crawling on the leftover food. Could these be mites or springtails? Should I be worried? I’ll try and get a photo but I got rid of the ones on the food

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I also just noticed these tiny grey bugs with small antennas crawling on the leftover food. Could these be mites or springtails? Should I be worried? I’ll try and get a photo but I got rid of the ones on the food
Springtails. Natures clean up crew. They move in from the surrounding environment and eat up the mess. They are totally harmless.