Tanks shell growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Finally Tank is getting some growth lines. There is one scute on his side though that seems sunken in a bit with no growth lines. Is there something wrong? I was thinking maybe it was just from being in the egg? The other side appears normal.

07e00d26.jpg

14692376.jpg

ec47132b.jpg

be98f557.jpg

I hadn't noticed anything funny looking until he got these new growth lines. Sorry if some of the pics are blurry, he didn't feel like holding still... Lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hmm... No answer for this one. Did he hatch like that, or do you think that area is not growing with the rest of him for some reason?

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Tom said:
Hmm... No answer for this one. Did he hatch like that, or do you think that area is not growing with the rest of him for some reason?

I think that area is not growing, it did not seem mis-shaped until he started growing. He was pretty symmetrical (sp) until he started showing the growth lines. If you look closely, it seems the lines go all the way around, except between the side scute and the "bridge" scute, (I'm not sure what it's called).

So this is abnormal, huh? Not just an egg thing? Not only does it seem "depressed" it seem mis shaped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.