tater-tort stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
TN
My new rescue, Tater-tort, was stolen today. Someone broke open his tort table and took him. So so so mad!!!!

Regalblue

5 Year Member
S.E. Michigan
How about making a fake one with electricity running through it, for next time they try.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
I'm just so angry right now. I have up reward posters hoping someone will return Tater. My kids and wife are so upset. Let me tell ya, it took some work to get that enclosure open. I built it to deter something like this.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Where was the enclosure located? Sorry to hear that some low life did that...

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I'm sorry to hear this. Any chance it was one of the college kids from the college that you rescued him from?

Good luck

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I would ask the kids friends....sounds like an inside job' .. exspecially if you just finished an enclosure and folks new about what you were doing.... sorry to hear about that " thief's are my pet peeve " and make great garden fetilizer too!:p

JD~:)

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Put up posters saying you have them on video. If you took that much time to make it theft proof and it still happened..make them think you had monitor on it as well. If tort is returned unharmed in 24 hrs, then you will take no action. It might work...

This is sad that someone would resort to stealing someone's pet. I just pray for it's safe return and hope whoever decided that they needed it more, knows how to care for it.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
i am so sorry. i wish you the best and hope you catch a crook.it makes me so mad. good luck , keep us posted. lindy

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
The college kids don't know where I live. We haven't really shown anyone because we didn't want this to happen. The video idea is good. I am going to do that. It really does amaze me that my family has become so attached. Thanks everyone.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Also keep an eye on you local and nearby Craigslist ads. Notify local vets and pet shops. Most thefts are about stealing something of value with the intent to sell.

Good luck and keep us posted.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's a real bummer. I can see why you are so mad. It makes me mad too.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
It makes me mad hearing about this! I hope Tator-tort returns to you safely. Best of luck~

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
and some people wonder why tortoise keepers are so secretive, I can only say more than likely it was some stupid teenagers, who think that since it is a tort it is somehow okay to steal. I like the idea of posting fliers saying you have video of them taking it,but it might encourage them to harm or get rid of it. here is hoping he is safely returned.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
I hate the fact that he was taken. My biggest concern is that he's not going to get the care that is needed. He already spent the majority of his life in a box under a bed and he doesn't deserve to go back to that life. I am more concerned with him being well cared for. I am going to put up some motion activated "game cameras" if he's returned or when we find a replacement. I'm also going to build a steel frame table for him. I doubt the thief is going to run around with a cutting wheel or torch, so that might work.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear some rotten person stole Tater-tort. :( Hoping for his safe return.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I hope you get him back too! Your poor family. What is wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.