Tech gods listen up. Need to find out about unlocking Iphone.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I have been pricing Iphones, and they are expensive. Iphone 4s, if you are wondering. First off is it legal? I have looked at a verizon locked Iphone 4s for 179. What I want to do, if possible, is unlock it to use with consumer celluar. Is that possible? I like their plans, I won't be using it much ( still a luddite), but there are some apps, I am looking at, that are only for iphone. Before anyone asks, I have looked online, but I get so many conflicting answers. T?hank you for our time.

alex_ornelas

newark ca
Im no tech genie but i Dont think its illegal to unlock the phone. Many places in the ca bay area will unlock a phone for someone at a charge. Just in my past experience it makes the phone slow. Hope that helps.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
it's not illegal to unlock it at least its not here we have stores that will unlock them for a price

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Well, its not illegal, depending on where the phone was gathered from, and the condition of whatever plan is active.

How do you plan to unlock it? You can find someone to do it for ya, for upwards of $50. Or, if you can find a non-destructive virus, you can download it padt the firewall and clear the lock. But also, you risk loosing pre-stored memory.