Teeny Tiny White Bugs Reassurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorrow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
I recently found these little tiny white bugs in my rf's enclosure...... I read all the other posts about this and im pretty sure they are harlmless I see them around his waterbowl, feces, and left over food when i get it out.... I use some moss in the enclosure from outside so i probally did introduce them.... I guess i just want to be reassured that i shouldnt worry... They look like what i would imagine lice to look like.... Thanks in advance

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hmm, dunno personally, but I'm sure you'll find someone here knowledgeable about such! I do know that items purchased, rather than picked from a yard, are usually bug-free.

Good luck!!
Purpod

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
If you do pick something from outside, and want to "debug" it, place it in a closed container for several hours with another container containing some dry ice. The carbon dioxide revitalizes the plants, but kills the creepy crawlies :)

And I have gotten plenty of things from stores that had insects or others on it. I was once called to a Meijer store to pick up a Cuban Tree Frog that was found in the poinsettas. Another time it was a baby Green Anole.

Kristina

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
Ok I think i now what the are i think they are springtails or soil lice. I found a easy cure for them to..... Ladybugs eat them just like they do aphids..... Now before i put a few lady bugs in i have to find out if they are toxic.... Does anyone know?????

Status
Not open for further replies.