Tempi needs help finding a place to sleep! Little left out leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Well I have no clue what "her" issue was, it might be that Salty and BB were sleeping in the same planter?

She REALLY wanted in!!

The she wanted over...then the other one... and well you can see

Why she got her name.. something about she carries her head

tempiesadventure010.jpg

EXCUSE ME!!!

tempiesadventure007.jpg

Maybe I can get in this way?

tempiesadventure011.jpg

Let me check the other one--no one one there

tempiesadventure002.jpg

OH NO.. ahhhhh

tempiesadventure004.jpg

ok how about the other, other one

tempiesadventure005.jpg

Nope, no one there...

tempiesadventure006.jpg

I really want in guys!!!! come on... why did you leave me out!!!!

tempiesadventure008.jpg

WHATEVER

tempiesadventure014.jpg

tempiesadventure015.jpg

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Maybe get a bigger planter so all 3 can go in together? I would still keep another small one like those in case one wants to sleep by themselves.

Seems like they are a "herd" lol.

The flipping of tortoises is pretty scary though. My thor flipped constantly until I moved him. Now he doesn't even try.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I think that the bigger planter might be a good idea.. yes they do love to herd and be alone.. it all depends on the day....

I usually separate them, since I always find one SITTING on top of the other!

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Those are some awesome cute pics. Thanks for sharing, made for an
early morning chuckle.
Our 2 redfoots share a log, and sleep one on top of the other,
crazy things.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love your enclosure and your torts. Thanks for the post.

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Wow...so unbelievably sweet!! Their cuteness knows no bounds!!! (Hope I said that right!) Tempi has some really great marbling in there! I was wondering since my Sammie is a baby will he develope those marblings/does that happen as they grow?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I am not sure if thats marbling, I know its the growth rings for the Leopard... they will all have it....

What is Sammi? Pic please....you can post it here...

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
terracolson said:
I am not sure if thats marbling, I know its the growth rings for the Leopard... they will all have it....

What is Sammi? Pic please....you can post it here...

Sammie is my baby Leopard!:D See attached pics!

Sorry the first 2 pics are real small. The others aren't so annoying!! Thanks for Looking!

Attachments

• Sammie.jpg
    Sammie.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Sammie Bath.jpg
    Sammie Bath.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Sammie My Baby Leopard 001.JPG
    Sammie My Baby Leopard 001.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Sammie My Baby Leopard 007.JPG
    Sammie My Baby Leopard 007.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 18
  • Sammie My Baby Leopard 004.JPG
    Sammie My Baby Leopard 004.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 14

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Ok.. So I am big on size and weight, Just like another person on here... "09"

What are your numbers..

Weight
length

and birthday

that will help me tell you the difference between mine and yours.. yours still looks very young.. like my salt.

salt was born 1/10/10
Tempie is a paradalis/babcoki mix and born nov 24th 09 week
while bb was born 12/22/09 and just starting to show his growth rings

BB is a little over 115 days old..... his is just starting.... (same clutch as salt)

torts001.jpg

torts002.jpg

Now you can see Salt is more like your's He is around 100 days (same clutch as bb)

torts003.jpg

torts004.jpg

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Size is about 2 inches SCL. DOB I am unsure of because I got him online at lllreptile.com I'm pretty sure he is a Babcocki (1 spot) and if you check out the website the babcocki was cheaper than the pardalis pardalis. I went to the smaller size babcocki, but it's probably unreliable he could get really big right? It's not a problem either way! My hubby is gonna borrow a friend's snake scale and I'm gonna weigh everyone tomorrow. I will then post the weight. We have to buy our own scale because I really wanna keep track of every little thing! I think I really do see a part or piece of the egg tooth or maybe I'm mistaking it for a little beak bump! If so that would mean he is way young. So would you say maybe from the size he may have been born January or so? That's a problem with ordering online...you don't always get all the info! I got him on the 9th not that that helps at all! Okay so I read Babcocki 1 or no spots and PPardalis is 2 dots how can you tell it's a mix of both(did breeder tell you parents were one of each)? I would be interested in finding out how you could tell if it's a mix if someone doesn't tell us! Not meant to be rude...I just wanna learn. Your babies are so adorable I hope we can keep in touch with our little ones!!

Your 3 Leopards are they the first L's you ever had? It's true they are like potato chips!!LOL!! I'd love to have a dozen of them, I have room, but not that much room!:):)Sammie is my first and only Leopard so far...HEHEHEHEE!!!:) My thing here is well "they need a buddy"! My husband just rolls his eyes like...he doesn't need a buddy...no more! Yeah right like I'm gonna listen!LOL!:)

If you don't mind me bugging you how much humidity are you doing for your babies? I do quite a bit with my Redfoot and Yellowfoot, but I make Sammie's hide moisty and he has a very shallow pool/bowl for drinking and he gets a bath about 3-4 times a week. The humidity issue I got it down for my RF & YF, but I keep reading things about Leopards and humidity and I'm getting confused. So many sources contradict each other!

Thanks,
Dannielle & :) Sammie

Crazybirds said:
Size is about 2 inches SCL. DOB I am unsure of because I got him online at lllreptile.com I'm pretty sure he is a Babcocki (1 spot) and if you check out the website the babcocki was cheaper than the pardalis pardalis. I went to the smaller size babcocki, but it's probably unreliable he could get really big right? It's not a problem either way! My hubby is gonna borrow a friend's snake scale and I'm gonna weigh everyone tomorrow. I will then post the weight. We have to buy our own scale because I really wanna keep track of every little thing! I think I really do see a part or piece of the egg tooth or maybe I'm mistaking it for a little beak bump! If so that would mean he is way young. So would you say maybe from the size he may have been born January or so? That's a problem with ordering online...you don't always get all the info! I got him on the 9th not that that helps at all! Okay so I read Babcocki 1 or no spots and PPardalis is 2 dots how can you tell it's a mix of both(did breeder tell you parents were one of each)? I would be interested in finding out how you could tell if it's a mix if someone doesn't tell us! Not meant to be rude...I just wanna learn. Your babies are so adorable I hope we can keep in touch with our little ones!!

Your 3 Leopards are they the first L's you ever had? It's true they are like potato chips!!LOL!! I'd love to have a dozen of them, I have room, but not that much room!:):)Sammie is my first and only Leopard so far...HEHEHEHEE!!!:) My thing here is well "they need a buddy"! My husband just rolls his eyes like...he doesn't need a buddy...no more! Yeah right like I'm gonna listen!LOL!:)

If you don't mind me bugging you how much humidity are you doing for your babies? I do quite a bit with my Redfoot and Yellowfoot, but I make Sammie's hide moisty and he has a very shallow pool/bowl for drinking and he gets a bath about 3-4 times a week. The humidity issue I got it down for my RF & YF, but I keep reading things about Leopards and humidity and I'm getting confused. So many sources contradict each other!

Thanks,
Dannielle & :) Sammie

I just took these pics after I posted. Sorry my camera is not that great. take a look I tried hard to get a pic of his beak...he's sooo small and it's really hard to the pics. The other photo is him on the end of a cuttle bone...kinda looks like a surf board!!!

Attachments

• Sammie My Baby Leopard 002.JPG
    Sammie My Baby Leopard 002.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Sammie My Baby Leopard 006.JPG
    Sammie My Baby Leopard 006.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Sammie 003.JPG
    Sammie 003.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Sammie 001.JPG
    Sammie 001.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Sammie 002.JPG
    Sammie 002.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 12

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
How cute.. Yes your baby was more than likely born this Jan. He/She looks younger than my salty...

Let me Check Salts egg tooth....he is going to hate me waking him up AGAIN..hehe..dont go to bed so early!!

I will show you my babies egg tooths... I so love this show and tell..... I think yours looks like salty's again.. it hard to tell..

you should see if your camera has a better close up setting...it took me a long time to figure mine out.... aperture priority on close up option is what i use...

I am blessed to have two local leopard breeders with in 5 miles of my house, as well as redfoot and stars and soon pancakes....( BUT that doesnt mean they have babies now so anyone reading this... I will announce when they arrive....and Spike gets first dibbs.)

So the mix... I know because of knowing the breeder. Yes tempi has the two spots and if she was pure i think she would have had 2 spots all over.... not just in the top row...

potato chips? i have never tried it and i have to say i wont.. i am a worry wart and freak about there food.

2 inches for sammi, yes Jan birth you got there.... Did you see my size chart?

Also posting pics.. if you can master photo bucket, you can use the Img link they provide and post pics like i do.

ok so you can see my writting style SUCKS, but i LOVE to talk about my torts and pas on info and get it back.. PLEASE keep talking with me about them.. PM or email me anytime...

SALTY 1/10/10
eggtoothwellwhatsleft001.jpg

BB 12/22/09
eggtoothwellwhatsleft002.jpg

tempi 11/24/09
eggtoothwellwhatsleft003.jpg

Growth Chart.. I can email it to you if you want to clear out my info and create your own
tortchart.jpg

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Cool chart! I got cha on the spots thing. Potato chips...I meant you can't just have 1(leopard):) Absolutely addicting! Not feeding potato chips:)Hehe!! In the last pic Salty "the sweetie" looks like he/she is smiling!!! See now that egg tooth is really defined and looks big. I don't know if I'm wrong, but I guess every one is an individual! I usually keep great records on my pets, but I love the idea of the one you have set up on your computer...I'm gonna do that. I've realized it is a big difference in reptile care compared to what I'm used to...meaning keeping great records on your Torts will make a huge difference if god forbid there is a problem! Reptile care is so specific like down to the smallest detail to raise them healthy! It seems mammals (cats, dogs) really kinda conform to our lives if you know what I mean.

Now talking with you and seeing those 3 little buggers...it makes me wanna get more! I can def. see how it could get over whelming going over board..."MUST HAVE RESTRAINT~~~MUST RESIST TEMPTATION!!!" Oh this is gonna be hard!!!LOL!!:)

I see you are getting another Russian~~ cool!!! I really like Russians and did a lot of reading on these guys when I was trying to decide what to get originally, but the only problem I had being a new tortoise owner is the hibernation thing. I really wanted to kinda go with ones that you don't need to hibernate cuz I don't wanna do something wrong. Do you hibernate your russians? It's probably not that difficult, but that's probably in my mind!

My camera/gaming system that I use is a Nintendo DSi so that's why the pics aren't so hot. I think it has like 2 pixels which is bad. I can clearly see that is another purchase I'm gonna make real soon because I envy the clear, crisp photos everyone posts!

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
i am goin to switch to a pm, just so we dont get in trouble for running a conversation on this thread. since we are now chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.