Tennesee to Ban All turtles as pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Wow what a great reason that guy up with. "we dont want anyone to get sick" seriously? What is going on with these people trying to ban everything. Thats just ridiculous.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Have they had an outbreak of sick people? Better ban LOTS of things if they are just trying to prevent people from getting sick...Eggs, hambugers, lettuce, cantelope...playing outside, sneezing, school....
Again... its people who have NO clue making rules about things they know nothing about!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Can they ban people? Because that's how I usually get sick: being in contact with another person who is already sick.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
LOL! Yes, ban people! And this is in Tn of all places? I would expect a dumb law like that in Indiana.

cemmons12 said:
LOL! Yes, ban people! And this is in Tn of all places? I would expect a dumb law like that in Indiana. I assume this includes Tortoise's as well?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Really? I thought CA trumped all with dumb, senseless laws...

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Wait a minute...I thought this was old hat. Hasn't it been illegal for a while to keep turtles/tortoises in TN? I seem to recall this law back in '03-07 when I was going to school up there and worked at a petsmart. We couldn't sell any reptile with a shell period.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
eh, stuff like this will never pass, this is my stupid opinion, but i believe this ban as well as past bans, python ban, croc ban, etc..... most of them have seemed really......... political, and influenced by ignorance and special intrest groups like HSUS and PETA. I don't think this one will pass like HR won't, due to economic reasons, but if it does, that will really shock me :(.

StudentoftheReptile said:
Wait a minute...I thought this was old hat. Hasn't it been illegal for a while to keep turtles/tortoises in TN? I seem to recall this law back in '03-07 when I was going to school up there and worked at a petsmart. We couldn't sell any reptile with a shell period.

isn't that like NJ or Nc, i remember calling a reptile shop down in one of those states and they said the same thing.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I guess they should also ban preschools as preschools are a hot bed of viruses and bacteria with the children passing whatever illness they have to the other children.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Carol S said:
I guess they should also ban preschools as preschools are a hot bed of viruses and bacteria with the children passing whatever illness they have to the other children.

Or they could just ban children....

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
mctlong said:
Carol S said:

Or they could just ban children....

........... i'll remember that.................. XD

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Uh oh... Redfoot nerd could be in trouble. Could you imagine being incarcerated for that? "what did you do to get in here?" ..."I robbed a bank". How about you? " I was caught dealing turtles". Wow

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can we just ban anything we want. I want to ban, in laws :D If I lived in TN I guess I would have to be a criminal. Even if they passed it, unless your neighbor called on you, they would never be able to enforce it. Most laws on city books can't be enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.