Testudo Mix Popping Up Well

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
IMG_3254.JPG IMG_3253.JPG IMG_3255.JPG IMG_3259.JPG IMG_E3258.JPG Some pictures of little Hermes in the planter box I have just filled with Testudo Mix from Tortoise Supply.

It's looking nice and he sure is enjoying the sunshine.

The last pic is my indoor setup, does anyone know if full spectrum lights will harm the tortoise? I wanted to keep some clover growing healthy in his table.

daniellenc

Maryland
He's so tiny and cute!! They say the colored lights are not good and can make the tortoise eat non food items confusing them. Not sure if this applies to grow lights.

Ohio
He's so tiny and cute!! They say the colored lights are not good and can make the tortoise eat non food items confusing them. Not sure if this applies to grow lights.
Good to know, i took the grow lights out anyways because he trampled my meadow of greens before they could get past seedlings.

daniellenc

Maryland
Good to know, i took the grow lights out anyways because he trampled my meadow of greens before they could get past seedlings.
My rabbits ate all my seed mix I had in a bed in my front yard, but the plants in raised beds have survived so don't be discouraged. Next year I will put netting in the front hehe. Rabbits have been in overload this year.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is really nice! ! ! !

Ohio
I got the video to work, a few seconds in, Hermes sees an inch worm and tries to eat it.

Adorable attempts at trying to eat an insect.

LoonyLovegood

Colorado Springs, CO
View attachment 244623 View attachment 244624 View attachment 244625 View attachment 244626 View attachment 244627 Some pictures of little Hermes in the planter box I have just filled with Testudo Mix from Tortoise Supply.

It's looking nice and he sure is enjoying the sunshine.

The last pic is my indoor setup, does anyone know if full spectrum lights will harm the tortoise? I wanted to keep some clover growing healthy in his table.
Great pics, I'm going to have to order some Testudo Mix now!