Testudo seed mix, where to grow it?

Guts

Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I ordered a bag of broadleaf testudo seed mix but I can’t find any information on the light levels that the plants do best in, I want to make sure I get it right and don’t waste any of the seed.

Any tips for growing this mix?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If it were me, I'd do some containers to grow it in. This way you can move it in and out of the sun. I would give at least 4-6 hours of sunlight.
Do low sided plastic containers. Put some drain holes in them. Then you can also feed one at a time, instead of the tort destroying it all at once.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I ordered a bag of broadleaf testudo seed mix but I can’t find any information on the light levels that the plants do best in, I want to make sure I get it right and don’t waste any of the seed.

Any tips for growing this mix?
I grow mine in raised planter beds in full hot sun all day long.

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Unfortunately, I can't give a more helpful answer than what has already been said. I've tried the seed mix in long low planter pots, in a raised garden box, in a small greenhouse, and just spread straight on the ground. With varying amounts of sunlight and shade.

And while there have been some small sprouts pop up, nothing has survived to grow more than an inch or so tall. So I'm definitely doing something wrong, but I don't know what...

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
It's been some time since my previous answer, but I wanted to give an update to say that it took a LONG time for the seed mix to start growing in the ground where I scattered it around in my outdoor tortoise pen, but once it did start growing, it went crazy and there's a wide variety of very actively growing green stuff all over the place now. So I guess we just need to be patient a little longer.

I have been watering the entire enclosure regularly to keep the larger plants happy and that apparently made the rest of the dirt wet enough to get the seed mix to sprout.