TFO Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I think I changed my mine. I can't really pick anyone. Fifty is just Fifty. I have 5 other ladies reading this now.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It's spreading.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Momof4 said:
I think I changed my mine. I can't really pick anyone. Fifty is just Fifty. I have 5 other ladies reading this now.

On the fifty shades face book they are all suggesting people to play Christian.

LOL....yes David I think it's an epidemic now.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Okay so I started the book really late in the game and am only about half way through the first book. I have been very busy and finding time to read is hard. My thoughts are....YES the book is HOT! Although a bit unbelievable but I guess that is what makes it hot. I don't see how this could be a movie without a X rating. I can't think of anyone that could play Christian, mostly because he is suposed to only be 27. I think that is right. I am glad it is on my Kindle so that I can read in public without anyone knowing what I am reading ;) The lady that wrote the book was on the View today. I had the volume off but turned it up and sat infront of the TV when I noticed her. She said the only thing big she has bought since the book was a car. They said "what a Rolls" she said "no a VW" OMG!!!!!! REALLY?!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I would of bought the Audi R8;) I'm almost done with the third. Let's just say my husband loves me reading these books. It's so hard to talk about it here with minors.
Keep reading Angi. The 2nd book explains a lot about who & why Fifty is Fifty.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Well any thoughts on the books? What happened to everyone? Loved all three! I will reread them in the near future!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Someone told me to read Her Nowhere by Brigetta Schwaiger. I downloaded it but haven't started it yet. 5 star's....will let you know how it was.....

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
terryo said:
Someone told me to read Her Nowhere by Brigetta Schwaiger. I downloaded it but haven't started it yet. 5 star's....will let you know how it was.....

Have you started it? I'm in dire need of something erotic:)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I wonder what would happen to the ladies, if they read fifty at a magic mike screening?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Momof4 said:
terryo said:

I read it. An excellent book with 29 5 star reviews on Amazon. NOT erotic at all though ....Sorry.

If you want erotic, try "The Sleeping Beauty trilogy" by Anne Rice. Extremely erotic.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
terryo said:
Momof4 said:
terryo said:

I read it. An excellent book with 29 5 star reviews on Amazon. NOT erotic at all though ....Sorry.

If you want erotic, try "The Sleeping Beauty trilogy" by Anne Rice. Extremely erotic.

I have to admit, I am surprised that you read that series. :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Jacqui....I never read the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy....I do a lot of research for books, and I've read a few of Anne Rice, and was really surprised to see that she wrote these, especially after I had just read Christ the Lord, by her. I had to laugh when I read your post because I'm not really into erotic books. I did love Fifty Shades though.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
dmmj said:
I wonder what would happen to the ladies, if they read fifty at a magic mike screening?

I think you know the answer!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I wonder if society is ready for the baby boom from fifty shades and magic mike being out at the same time?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Got the "50" book for my wife, who's enjoying it IMMENSELY... :p

My excessively puritanical cousin has called us, at least once daily, since I bought it, demanding that we throw the book away, as (she feels) it degrades women... :rolleyes:

Anyone here feeling degraded? ;)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
terryo said:
Nooooooooo....Everyone I know wishes their husband could be more like Christian.
Look no further ladies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I never felt that it was degrading! They're both adults and she could have left at anytime! It's just a story and I loved it! It may not have been the best writing but the story and the words just get to you!
David did you read them? ,

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
emysemys said:
The president of the club tells us which book we are going to read. We all read it. We then discuss it. I don't know if I'm up for that, because my taste in books is very selective. For instance, the book series you all were talking about on Terry's thread doesn't interest me at all.

I happen to agree with you, this might be a little hard to get started... I would love to be apart of this though.

dmmj said:
50 shades of grey, now I understand.

Did you download the book Dmmj?

I don't even need to read this book, I can just read what you guys are posting about it and it saves me Ooooo about 300 and something pages right? LOL. I vote Hunger Games. :D I think we should bring it to a vote and Neal should decide since he started the "hot" mess.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.