TFO Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Guys if your going to do this, just have one person each month pick the book. Make it a rule that let's say in July you read SciFi, then that type of book could not be picked for the next two months. This way each of you get to some time pick a book and it is not limited to one type so everybody should have a chance to find something they like to read. Of course it would be nice for folks to atleast try to read each months book, even if it is not something they like. Expand your horizons. :D

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
Neal said:
So, no silk robes or secret hand shakes?

I start off with a suggestion. I'm someone that prefers books that were made into movies. Maybe it's just the generation I grew up in, but I'm more of a movie watcher than a book reader. I've always had a deeper appreciation for those types of movies after reading the book. Since this topic was brought about by the thread about The Hunger Games, how about we start off with The Hunger Games?

The Hunger Games Trilogy is actually quite good. I teach gifted middle school kids so it was a mandatory read for me.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Jacqui said:
Guys if your going to do this, just have one person each month pick the book. Make it a rule that let's say in July you read SciFi, then that type of book could not be picked for the next two months. This way each of you get to some time pick a book and it is not limited to one type so everybody should have a chance to find something they like to read. Of course it would be nice for folks to atleast try to read each months book, even if it is not something they like. Expand your horizons. :D

Dandy idea! :cool:

Tillasaurus said:
Neal said:
So, no silk robes or secret hand shakes?

I start off with a suggestion. I'm someone that prefers books that were made into movies. Maybe it's just the generation I grew up in, but I'm more of a movie watcher than a book reader. I've always had a deeper appreciation for those types of movies after reading the book. Since this topic was brought about by the thread about The Hunger Games, how about we start off with The Hunger Games?

The Hunger Games Trilogy is actually quite good. I teach gifted middle school kids so it was a mandatory read for me.

Read Book 1, planning on reading 2 and 3 soon...a very good read, so far! :cool:

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Found a new book today..."Sense And Sensibility And Sea Monsters" (seriously! :p)...written in the same tradition as "Abraham Lincoiln - Vampire Hunter" (which was MUCH better than I thought it'd be!) and Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter (haven't read yet)...

sense.jpg

Abraham-Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter.jpg

demonhunter2.jpg

So far, delightfully strange! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.