TFO meet and greet? (In Oct. at Tinley Park, ILL)

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Harlingen, TX
I was wondering if any TFO members are going to the NARBC show at Tinley Park this October. It would be a lot of fun to get a group of people together to meet up with each other. Just a thought. Anyone interested?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
It's too bad that there isn't many shows around in central California! I do rather enjoy them. I don't see too many Illinois members on here but I know there are some,

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Most people around here are into the ball pythons and such. Too bad there's a shortage of turtle and tortoise lovers.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We do have quite a few illinois members. I went to that show once, was not really impressed with the quality of their animals or should I say the way they care for them. I didn't have a good time, as I wanted to bash a few heads in, they don't want to learn anything and think they know everything. Sorry, I probably would never go again.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Wasn't too impressed myself either, especially when I saw tubs full of obviously imported elongata and forstenii.

Dessy

I'm from chicago so i would love to meet experienced tortoise owners because im still new at this :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Oct. 10th & 11th, 2015
Sat 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

VIP Tickets are $50

These tickets get you in on Friday during Vendor Set-up at 2pm and also 2 1/2 hours early on Saturday and 1 hour early on Sunday.

Pet Stores get ONE free VIP ticket for each show and can purchase additional VIP tickets for $25 when accompanied by the Pet Store Staff. To purchase these tickets please just bring a copy of your Business License to the Vendor Check-In Area at the front doors.

*****Brick and Mortar Pets Stores ONLY........NO Internet or Non-Retail Pet Stores qualify for these tickets.

The changes to the list of Illinois State Threatened and Endangered Species proposed in 2008 are set to go into effect on Friday October 30, 2009.

The following herps will be added:
Smooth Softshell Turtle: Endangered
Ornate Box Turtle: Threatened
Mudpuppy: Threatened

In addition, the Blanding's turtle will be elevated from threatened to endangered, and the eastern ribbon snake will be down-listed from endangered to threatened. If you have the three species that will be newly listed, or know people who do, now would be the time to apply for a permit to possess them. My understanding is that, in order to allow time to process new applications, there will be a short "grandfather period" between the time that the ad rules are adopted and when the law will be enforced...I do not know how long that "short" period will be, and best advice is don't procrastinate. Click here for permit application in fillable PDF form.

Holy cripes! $50 a ticket? No wonder no one is answering this thread!

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
General admission tickets are $15. If we could get at least a few TFO members going, I would be interested in going again. Is there anyone interested? The show is this weekend.