TFO Updated to Latest MyBB Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
You'll notice a lot of changes around here. It is now 1:38am PST and I'm wrapping up an upgrade of the site software.
The biggest difference you will immediately notice is the way threads are displayed. If you guys aren't a fan of the new format, let me know and I'll attempt to change it back...but we should at least give it a chance.
Things should operate more smoothly and quickly. You will notice that your control panel ("User CP" up top) has been redesigned and should be easier to navigate.
If you have any issues, see any glitches, or have any concerns, please let me know by emailing me ([email protected]), posting in this thread, or writing a PM to me.

Thanks for your continued support!

Josh

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Josh I love the new format. And I love that it shows who the Author of the thread is in the Thread line. Also the Beardie and other Herps are nice additions. Great Job Josh.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I saw the "red" message at sign-on and thought, "Oh NO!!! I just got used to a different format from YAHOOgroups and he's gone and changed it on me! I'm too old to learn new tricks!!!"

But I have to admit, it's pretty much the same as the old but with improvements. I, too, like that the author of the thread is where it now is. And that the un-read threads are high-lighted. Its nice to know that there's someone out there who is keeping us in the 21st century!

Yvonne

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm glad you guys like the updates thus far! I'm still trying to work out a few bugs but it seems like everything is running pretty smoothly.

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
the updates are great! this site gets better and better. thanks Josh!

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
one thing... can you change the color of the person who started the thread? maybe red or something? it kind of confuses me, i read the name of the poster with the title. not a big deal, just a suggestion.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I like it...still one of the easiest forums to use.

What is that (Warning Level: 0% ) on the right hand side of my posts. I don't see any one else with it.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
have you ever used the old version of aol aim? i think its kinda that like that. its a collective way to determine if someone has been bad or not.

so if you cuss at me, or wish my torts to die, i would warn you. and if enough people warn you, that could lead to a ban, suspension or something of that sort. and it also notifies other users that you did something to get someone to click the warn button.

however on aol aim, after a day or so, the warn % would go away, i dont know how long each warn stays on for.

i think josh would be the best person to help you with this.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Terryo all the members have a warning level right under their Reputation: I am sure when Josh reads this thread he will comment.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I think mods and admins will see everyone's warning level while registered members will only see their own warning level. We won't be using the warning system -- at least not yet. But for what it's worth this is how it works:
"The warning system allows for easy warning of users for various offenses, and allows for automatic punishments to be given based on the warning level."
From the MyBB Wiki

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Josh, just want to let you know that the recently posted threads that are now highlighted are such a great help to see what I have and have not looked at. Thanks for adding that it is a real help.

Status
Not open for further replies.