TFO's Fourth Anniversary: Mid-West Get-Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I have offered to host a Mid-West get together if there is enough interest. I live in central IL. Unfortunately Josh will not be able to attend because of the distance but is supportive of us getting together. If you are interested please let me know. I live in a very historic area, we have a beautiful lodge and 3 B&B's. Lots of things to do and a great state park. Lincoln's New Salem.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
RE: TFO's Mid-West get together

I have been to Lincoln's New Salem and it is very cool. All the Lincoln stuff in IL should be seen once in your life :) I have made my one trip. I am good until Grandma's funeral.

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL

I think my wife and I would tentatively be interested. We live upstate (Vernon Hills) Would it be BYOT? (tortoise, of course) ;-)

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois

Guggie said:
I think my wife and I would tentatively be interested. We live upstate (Vernon Hills) Would it be BYOT? (tortoise, of course) ;-)

Thats great. I am hoping to get at least 10 people. I am open to suggestions for anything. LOL, torts are welcome:) I was thinking if anyone had tort friendly seeds or plant starts to share that would be great. I have lots of plants that I can give starts. Fire away any ideas you might think of.

Angi said:
I have been to Lincoln's New Salem and it is very cool. All the Lincoln stuff in IL should be seen once in your life :) I have made my one trip. I am good until Grandma's funeral.

Where does your grandma live?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.

It is my husbands grandma. I don't have any granparents and am down to one parent :(. Ruth lives in Florida and will be celibrating he 90th birthday there, but her husband is burried in IL. with the rest of the Schirer's. I am not exactly sure where, but she lived in Bloomington when we visited. So I am sure that is where the funeral will be. Hopefully not for a very long time.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Missy said:
I was thinking if anyone had tort friendly seeds or plant starts to share that would be great. I have lots of plants that I can give starts.
Missy, I think that is the best idea. Living memories of the time you all spend together, something useful for everybody, and something tied directly into our tortoises.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois

Anyone else interested???

nharr2

5 Year Member
Illinois

I am interested depending of course upon the date/time and how far away it will be.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska

I could not do it this year, but would be there with bells on next year!

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA

I might go just to see Mark's bells!

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan

I'd like to get together.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska

Now all I need are some Kinixys belliani!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Madkins007 said:
I could not do it this year, but would be there with bells on next year!

Except next year, it's going to be in Nebraska

Madkins007 said:
Now all I need are some Kinixys belliani!

I see being a Grandpa has added hugely to your intelligence level (which was not low before) and now you want Hingebacks! :D :p

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I'm intelligent as well, and I want Bell's too ;)

I would love to come - but probably won't be able to. It is almost impossible for me to get time off of work. Darn :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am going to try to come and that would be in the area of "Yes, I will be there, IF nothing comes up at the last minute." Pretty sure I can come up with a car to use and your not that far. (unlike TX, which I am also trying for)

Do we have a rough date guesstamation?

suzukipowered

5 Year Member
Hey guys, my name is Dan but everyone calls me Boone. Just started in this forum and I just got my African Sulcata Tortoise about 3 months ago. I accidentally posted in the meet-up for southern cal. and then found this, oops. But yeah, I would totally be up for a meet-up as long as it wasn't too far away as I can't really afford travel right now. I am in Morris, right next to Joliet, I figure this would be a great learning experience for me to see what all you guys do with your tortoises. Let me know when you have a set date and a set spot. If central Illinois doesn't end up working out I am a little farther North but still out in the boonies and not too far off from Interstate 55, we have a pretty nice park and very roomy, just figured I would offer and let ya guys know. I would have to look and see how far Central is from here but would probably be able to make it.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois

Astroidblues

5 Year Member
Brew City Wisconsin
heya i was refered by "emysemys"
So when are we going to have the event ?
I wouild love to come. Im new to the forums but always intrested in makeing new friends =)
So i live in Milwaukee Wisconsin and a tortious event in IL sounds great. I say based on the weather hopefully theres a few warm days left for a event. So is this just a members event or can i bring my family and torts too ?

Please let me know !
I wouild love to here more about this !
Thx... Michael...

Status
Not open for further replies.