Thank The Gods For Tortoise Forum XD

HI, I just wanted to show you guys the
Improvement I made with all the knowledge you guys have told me for my SULCATA. I even spoiled my boxie a little bit XD. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1487385429.028654.jpg is it possible for boxie to get respiratory infection from dirt? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1487385456.721211.jpg crunch ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1487385469.509781.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1487385486.486424.jpg so have you boxie owners ever had problems with ECo earth, im new to this soil

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I really hate to be the one to bust your excitement but that enclosure is way too small for that sulcata and so is the water dish. If funds are tight, buy a big plastic tote or two and connect them to the wood box cutting a hole in the boxes that will line up to the hole you will cut in the wood box. Making the holes big enough for your silly to get thru of course.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's ok for now. Ricky has made a nice outdoor enclosure for the tortoise for when the weather warms up.

No, respiratory infections come from being too cold. They could possibly be allergic to the soil and have allergy symptoms. Are you seeing symptoms in your little box turtle?

It's ok for now. Ricky has made a nice outdoor enclosure for the tortoise for when the weather warms up.

No, respiratory infections come from being too cold. They could possibly be allergic to the soil and have allergy symptoms. Are you seeing symptoms in your little box turtle?
Nah he's loving it like a McDonald's big Mac

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Sorry, don't agree. The water dish is way too small and so is the enclosure. Unless he has very short times of a winter/cold spells or only needs it for night time, it's not big enough. That enclosure has never been big enough for anything over hatchling to a yearling stage.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I totally agree with @wellington : the enclosure is far too small for an animal that is used to roam around in the wild as he/she pleases and without borders/red lights.