Thank you TFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
For being the best animal forum out there. Just thought I'd finally thank everyone for being awesome :) Josh and the Mods for making this place possible and everyone else for hanging out and being fun and helpful. I'm technically a member of a forum for every type of animal that I have (...except the cat) but I've never really been involved in any of them beyond introducing myself and lurking care information. They either have terrible actual site setup or they come off rather insular or both. This is both a great site and full of knowledgeable and welcoming people and for that I thank you.

Granted it's partially that torts are clearly superior :D but if you guys weren't great I'd just be a lurk instead of getting so chatty.

In conclusion TFO rocks my socks

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Agreed. Good buch of folks here,with a vast collective knowlege.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I must say that I agree with you. From the moment most of our members join up they become part of a friendly group and the participation is just great!! I quit all my Yahoogroups and this is the only tortoise forum I belong to now. (Well, I DO have a Manouria group over on Yahoo, but its not very active)

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I love that there's so many active members. On other pet forums, people might visit once a week, once every few days, maybe even once a day. Here, members are always on, we get to know each other to a certain level, and people come on here up to several times a day! It's more than just the emergency posts and questions seeking advice.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
pdrobber said:
I love that there's so many active members. On other pet forums, people might visit once a week, once every few days, maybe even once a day. Here, members are always on, we get to know each other to a certain level, and people come on here up to several times a day! It's more than just the emergency posts and questions seeking advice.

I totally check TFO more than Facebook...by a lot :shy:

emysemys said:
I must say that I agree with you. From the moment most of our members join up they become part of a friendly group and the participation is just great!! I quit all my Yahoogroups and this is the only tortoise forum I belong to now. (Well, I DO have a Manouria group over on Yahoo, but its not very active)

Yes, I know I felt very welcome as soon as I joined (your what's your name/where do you live? post was the first one addressed to me and I loved it ;))

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Ditto to all the above - I LOVE the way we welcome new members and the use of names, and especially the fact that no question is ever considered stupid!! (awaiting one of Captain Awesome's super sassy sarcastic comments to this....)

judy wayte

5 Year Member
i totally agree with every one i have no one to talk tortoise talk with i love this forum.

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
las Vegas, NV
Just like everyone else I have to TOTALLY AGREE!!!! Like Ana, I tend to check in on TFO more than Facebook. As a newbie tortoise owner, the people have been very nice and the information on here is AWESOME!!!! I appreciate Ana starting this thread and saying Thank You to everyone, so that people like me can also express their gratitude.

Thank you, thank you and thank you again :)

jkingler

5 Year Member
Totally concur. Love this site. I am here more often than I am doing anything else online, really. I may know more about torts soon than I do about most things, simply because of how interesting I find this site and the content all of the wonderful members continually post here. Love it.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I completely agree!! :) I love this site so much, none of my family cares much for my tortoises. So it's more than awesome that I can come on here and read all the information, look at all the pictures, and meet all the other tortoise fans. Great people on here :)
I spend a TON of time on TFO and I still miss threads that I would of liked to have posted on..how I have no idea lol

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
BrinnANDGupta said:
I completely agree!! :) I love this site so much, none of my family cares much for my tortoises. So it's more than awesome that I can come on here and read all the information, look at all the pictures, and meet all the other tortoise fans. Great people on here :)
I spend a TON of time on TFO and I still miss threads that I would of liked to have posted on..how I have no idea lol

Ohh I know! I check in the morning, during lunch (and during my physical oceanography lecture if we're being honest ;)) when I get home and before I go to bed (possibly a tiny bit crazy) and I still miss things! How!?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
All I have to say is this (sarcastic remark removed)
and that's all I have to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.