Thank you!!

Melis

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
So I've only been a part of this forum for a few months, and I don't always chime in on the threads, but I am active on the site every single day. I found this when I was searching for help for my sick tort. I've kept turtles & tortoises for over 20 years, and even studied herpetology as a part of my biology degree. But I came here for help, and took in every piece of advice that was given, even though my case was very extreme and there wasn't a lot of experience with what I was asking. Long story short I wanted to thank all of the long time members for what you do every day. I don't want to be a creep and mention people, but you all know who you are lol. Those of you who welcome all the new comers, and answer (sometimes over and over again) the same questions every day but never get nasty or condescending. The reason for writing this is because I've been a part of 2 threads in particular where the people seeking advice have no interest in any of the advice given. So instead of continuing to get frustrated with those people, I figured I would come here instead to be positive and thank those of you who keep all the good and correct information going. You guys truly helped me get through a rough time as well as helped prepare me to give the best care possible when the time comes for my next tort. Thank you ❤

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I’ll add my thanks too. As a very long time keeper, I joined in a rough patch that got better and better.

I have learned a huge amount, including about species I didn’t even know existed, and made some truly good friends on TFO over the years who have been there for me, and everyone else, through good times and bad.

I’m still here, despite the worst times of all with Joe all in March. I love the torts and I love TFO and the people on it.

@Josh you founded a diverse international community to be proud of. And thanks to the Mods for keeping it that way.

Thank you all

Bambam1989

East Texas
Thank you to the Forum members that share their experience and openly help us less experienced keepers!
Your patience is humbling even though your quest to spread proper tort and turtle care is a long one.
A huge thanks to @Josh for creating the forum and our moderators for helping it to run smoothly.
Thank you to the NEW members! It is amazing to see this community grow and know that the Tortoise family really does stretch around the world.
And thanks for starting this wonderful Thank You thread to @Melis

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So I've only been a part of this forum for a few months, and I don't always chime in on the threads, but I am active on the site every single day. I found this when I was searching for help for my sick tort. I've kept turtles & tortoises for over 20 years, and even studied herpetology as a part of my biology degree. But I came here for help, and took in every piece of advice that was given, even though my case was very extreme and there wasn't a lot of experience with what I was asking. Long story short I wanted to thank all of the long time members for what you do every day. I don't want to be a creep and mention people, but you all know who you are lol. Those of you who welcome all the new comers, and answer (sometimes over and over again) the same questions every day but never get nasty or condescending. The reason for writing this is because I've been a part of 2 threads in particular where the people seeking advice have no interest in any of the advice given. So instead of continuing to get frustrated with those people, I figured I would come here instead to be positive and thank those of you who keep all the good and correct information going. You guys truly helped me get through a rough time as well as helped prepare me to give the best care possible when the time comes for my next tort. Thank you ❤
I'm pretty sure I know the two threads you're referring to. A lot of times when people argue about the info given I think it's because they came here wanting a pat on the back for what a good job they were doing. instead we tell them the care they're givng is wrong.

But for every member like that there are 10 more who are willing to accept our advice. . .so I'd like to thank those new members who put their tortoise's well being above their own ego and are willing to listen and make changes.

It's a great place, and my signature says it all!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Generally those members that won't listen don't hang around very long. I worry about their tortoises.

I am also amazed and proud of our long time members who show incredible patience in having to explain the same things over and over. I'm thankful for the help I've gotten, and for the knowledge that I can come back when I need more help.