Thank you!

apat

Location (City and/or State)
Lehi
Thanks all for your posts here. I just adopted Skittles, a 5 year old Russian tortoise. A lot of my research has lead me to this site. Skittles and I live in Utah, so he gets plenty of indoor time. I have an indoor enclosure for him, but I just got him an indoor playpen as well! It was supposed to be for the garden, but Skittles likes it, so now it's his :)

Attachments

• 20211114_085718.jpg
    20211114_085718.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks for posting a pic, he's cool little guy.

I'm not very familiar with Utah so forgive me. Will he live indoors all the time or in & out?

That's a real nice enclosure....the guys in the Russian section of the forum(cheat & read the caresheets yourself) will help you will stuff to cover the bottom with and hides, lights, etc..

Good luck and have fun.....the closer he is to you(instead of the other end of the house), the cooler you'll think he is!

jeff

apat

Lehi
Thanks for posting a pic, he's cool little guy.

I'm not very familiar with Utah so forgive me. Will he live indoors all the time or in & out?

That's a real nice enclosure....the guys in the Russian section of the forum(cheat & read the caresheets yourself) will help you will stuff to cover the bottom with and hides, lights, etc..

Good luck and have fun.....the closer he is to you(instead of the other end of the house), the cooler you'll think he is!

jeff

apat

Lehi
He'll be inside in the winter months, but he'll be in his outdoor enclosure on sunny, 60°+ days from March - November. He's got an indoor enclosure with substrate, heat, light, etc that I've set up with help from you guys :) I just thought it would be fun to let him roam in this playpen a couple hours a day since he's a little guy and I'm not comfortable letting him roam free with kids around the house.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
He'll be inside in the winter months, but he'll be in his outdoor enclosure on sunny, 60°+ days from March - November. He's got an indoor enclosure with substrate, heat, light, etc that I've set up with help from you guys :) I just thought it would be fun to let him roam in this playpen a couple hours a day since he's a little guy and I'm not comfortable letting him roam free with kids around the house.
I absolutely agree with you...however, babies in the wild are prey so the instinct is inbred, your baby 'could' very well be more stressed than you realize in his playpen because he's in the open...to make it better and more enjoyable for him put in some plants for cover and rocks and stuff to climb on and hides, for hiding! Good job for caring about him...

apat

Lehi
I absolutely agree with you...however, babies in the wild are prey so the instinct is inbred, your baby 'could' very well be more stressed than you realize in his playpen because he's in the open...to make it better and more enjoyable for him put in some plants for cover and rocks and stuff to climb on and hides, for hiding! Good job for caring about him...
Ooh, right. I'll make sure to add more to the playpen before putting him in again. Thanks!