Thanks for all the help! Figured I should post an update.

Isaiah C.

Location (City and/or State)
Sapulpa
A few months back I took over the care of a leopard tortoise I named Appa and posted on here about upgrading his enclosure. I figured I would show you all the results after all I've learned here! The enclosure is the complete package recommended and purchased from Mark here on the forum, the food on top is an assortment of weeds and leaves recommended by Kapidolo Farms when I emailed them, and the plants are pothos and wandering jew that Mark recommended would grow well inside the enclosure (the pothos is a little worn because Appa got it down and ate a good bit a month ago).

Appa has grown a good bit since I took over his care as well! My main concern right now is that his basking bulb is too powerful. It's a 65 watt spot bulb from Flukers. It is making the entire enclosure a bit too hot during the day, so I'm looking to downgrade. From what I read in the lighting guide on here a flood bulb is the most recommended.

Would something like this be okay?

Thanks againf or all the help and advice!

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Where is his hiding place? And you can add more plants.

Isaiah C.

Sapulpa
Where is his hiding place? And you can add more plants.
Hide is in the back left partially buried. You can see the entrance to it when you full-size the image (though it's admittedly a bit hard to see).

I plan to add more plants! The enclosure was a super fair price, but it was still a big portion of my budget, so trying to slowly add more as I can over the next few paychecks.

Isaiah C.

Sapulpa
Went down to the store tonight after dinner and picked up a 12 pack of 45 watt bulbs so ignore the bulb question in the post. Tried to edit it out but don't think it allows me.