Thanks Yvonne!

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
I picked up the sulcata from Yvonne on Wednesday and he is doing great! (Pictures to follow soon)
I brought him in the house briefly where he promptly pooped enough for two horses and then proceeded to drag his boy parts around my floor making slime trails. Lol
He is a sucker for Mazuri and enjoys sunning himself in his new enclosure. Thanks Yvonne for letting me adopt him!
By the way, I got to have a tour was very very cool. Got to see all kinds of torts that I've never even heard of before. I may have to come back when you have some yellow foot babies!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You're welcome! I'm just glad he went to a good home.

Regarding the poop...while he was here he pooped occasionally inside his house, but mostly he would go outside. After he sunned for a half hour or so he would then poop about 6 or 8 what I call cigars, all in the same pile. He was very easy to clean up after.

When I first got him his cigars were very hard and dry...compressed grass and hay. After he found the waterer and started drinking daily, the cigars slowly started becoming more moist.

I meant to tell you his history. He was given to me by someone who raised him from a hatchling. They were moving and couldn't take the tortoise with them. She wasn't sure on the age but thought he might be around 7 or 8 years old.

I'm looking forward to pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
He looks like a happy camper!

I suggest you take a shovel or rake and rake up some earth or leaves on the outside of the fence so daylight doesn't show through under that bottom board. If they can see daylight, they are likely to try to dig out.