Thanksgiving leftovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Temple City, Ca
I realize this is a few days late but Happy belated Thanksgiving to all.

I thought I would share my latest leftover creation recipe. I was fortunate I did not have to cook for Thanksgiving. We went to my MIL house .and my MIL said to bring a pie and a side dish. She actually had me bring canned jellied cranberries as my side. Anyway, I helped get the turkey and stuffing out of the pan and had a large bowl of meat (with a little stuffing) that was left in the pan after carving and before gravy. I suggested she make a turkey pie with it.

My MIL sent home the meat I had set aside from the pan (she said it sounded like too much work), leftover mashed potatoes, gravy, and mixed veges. I was going to make a turkey pot pie as I had suggested to her, but was unsure if the crust would get soggy. I took the meat and put it in a casserole dish, added the gravy and veges and spread the mashed potatoes over the top. We baked it and then broiled it to crisp the top. shepherds pie style. I served it with crescent rolls and a pie crust broken up. My husband called it shepherds turkey pot pie.

Tonight we had it again and like lasagna, I think it got better with reheating.

What did you do with your leftovers from Thanksgiving? That is if any survived the day. :D

Dawna

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That's exactly what we were going to do with ours. :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
I added the lefto over meat to a caserole dish and added rice, left over gravy, a little whole cream (heavy whipping cream), turkey broth from boiling the remains, and sprinkled the the top with croutons. Baked for an hour or so. Turned out awesome. Saved the rest of the meat and broth for some turkey soup later - currently I just froze it in a few seperate zip lock bags.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
chadk said:
I added the lefto over meat to a caserole dish and added rice, left over gravy, a little whole cream (heavy whipping cream), turkey broth from boiling the remains, and sprinkled the the top with croutons. Baked for an hour or so. Turned out awesome. Saved the rest of the meat and broth for some turkey soup later - currently I just froze it in a few seperate zip lock bags.

Can you come live at my house?

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Ooohh those sound delicious!! I only cooked for two of us, me and my boyfriend, and we cheated :p We bought a pre-cooked turkey breast, and made all the side dishes. I had to work on Thanksgiving and I got off around 7, so we finished cooking, and ate dinner around 8:30. It was perfect =] We did our leftovers conventionally and just mixed up some stuffing and turkey in a bowl, and ate it all together =]

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Stop! You guys are making me hungry, and I am trying to survive my 2-day fast after overeating all weekend!:(

I made TWO batches of cinnamon rolls from scratch, and though my kids gobbled up most of them, I am ashamed to admit I had more than my fair share. I think I injured my stomach by forcing it to stretch so far.:rolleyes:

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
chadk said:

Hmmmm, that sounds good. When are we coming over for soup?

Dawna

Status
Not open for further replies.