The 5th Annual Tortoise Calendar Photo Contest is HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Time for our fifth Annual Tortoise Forum Calendar Photo Contest and the 2013 Edition of our much sought after Tortoise Forum Calendar! For those who are not familiar with this annual tradition, toward the end of the year we hold a contest where all members are encouraged to submit their best tortoise photo. Then we all vote for our favorites, which are then published in a Tortoise Forum Calendar.

This year we will be doing photo submissions differently, and we'll tell you how at the bottom of this message.

You must have been a member for the previous 30 days (from Sept. 12) to enter this contest.
Please, only ONE entry per household.

Entries should be submitted until September 30, 2012 @ 11:59PM PST after which the voting will begin.

The top 12 voted photos will be printed in the 2013 Tortoise Forum Calendar (12 months and one cover) along with a collage of ALL of this year's entries.

The photo with the most TOTAL votes will receive a $100 gift card to LLLReptile.com!

- Your photo must be of a living tortoise, any species will do.

- You must be the sole copyright owner of the photo you submit.

- Only one submission per member. Choose your photo carefully - you may not change it once it's submitted.

- Photo placement in the calendar will be prioritized according to how many votes each photo gets (ex. the top voted photo gets first choice on which month they want their photo with)

- The photo original must be at least 5 megapixels so that it can be printed at an 8.5"x11" size. Your photo will be thrown out if it does not meet this requirement. (To find megapixels, multiply the length of your image, in pixels, by the height. ex. an 2592x1936 pixel image is roughly 5 megapixels.) This is important because small digital photos cannot be blown up and still look nice.

- All photos must be submitted by September 30, 2012 @ 11:59PM PST.

We will not be publishing the submitted photos until the submission date has passed and it is time to vote.

To enter, mail your 5 megapixel (or larger) photo to:

[email protected]

Please use the following format when submitting your photo:
Tortoise Name: [Your Tort's Name Here]
Tortoise Species: [Your Tort's Species Here]
Taken by: [Your Name Here]
[Your Photo Here]

Thanks for your participation and enthusiasm in continuing this great tradition! May the best photos win!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
The photo with the most TOTAL votes will receive a $100 gift card

I have a question, last year to the best of my knowledge my photo entry had the most votes. I never received any form of notification or information regarding the advertised gift card?

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Aww man. I joined too late. I got some killer pics too! oh well ill still buy the calendar =]

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
Okay I'm an idiot when it comes to computers.. How the heck do I make my picture 5megapixels???

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
taytay3391 said:
Okay I'm an idiot when it comes to computers.. How the heck do I make my picture 5megapixels???

You need a nice camera :D most smart phone cameras are 5 and 8 megapixel but better to borrow a digital camera to get all those fine details on your tort :)

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
Q'sTortie said:
You need a nice camera :D most smart phone cameras are 5 and 8 megapixel but better to borrow a digital camera to get all those fine details on your tort :)

Gooootttcha. Cool thanks :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
No entries yet guys? that makes me a sad panda :(

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Wait maybe I didn't join too late..?
My profile just says august... Can I enter? Pleeeease :)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
laney said:
Wait maybe I didn't join too late..?
My profile just says august... Can I enter? Pleeeease :)
Auguat 12 or earlier

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
David, the entries are being emailed in this year

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Mky2k said:
Can I submit a photo of my boxy?:(
Sorry tortoises only.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Only one submission allowed, ugh this will be hard for me to choose :(. Any rules for or against an informal poll in the photo section. In other words , can I post a few different ones and ask for a vote before I pick the one to submit?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Laurie said:
Only one submission allowed, ugh this will be hard for me to choose :(. Any rules for or against an informal poll in the photo section. In other words , can I post a few different ones and ask for a vote before I pick the one to submit?

Great idea! (LOL!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In the past people have posted several pictures (in their own thread) to get opinions, however, this year I don't think its such a good idea. The reason we're doing it by email and not posting the pictures in a thread is so that when the voting happens, no one will know who belongs to which picture. Well...I'm pretty sure we'll all recognize Greg's picture! :p

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
If we email one in.. How will we know that you got it for sure. My Internet here sucks and sometimes emails don't always get to where we send them...

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
A quick note via PM should suffice for notification.

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
May or may not be a stupid question... it doesn't say whether or not a bigger picture is okay? I understand that yes it can't be smaller because it won't blow up, a 7meg for instance will.. but it specifically states that photos not 5meg will be thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.