The Adventures of Archimedes The Greek Tortoise

Tim McIlroy

Location (City and/or State)
Nelson, New Zealand
Hi,
Here I will be posting the journey of my Greek tortoise who is arriving at the end of April/early May. Hopefully, some other fellow Greek owners can help with any questions I have. Also, I will probably be posting my enclosure builds here as well. I decided on Archimedes because obviously of the famous Greek mathematician and also another cool thing is that he/she can be called Archie for short! ;)
Tim

P.S. This is coming from NZ so if you have any questions on our beautiful country feel free to ask.

Tim McIlroy

Nelson, New Zealand
Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 6.36.12 PM.png
I was thinking of connecting two of these together for my first enclosure for the baby. Will it be too big or do you think it will be just fine? The measurements for any americans out there equates to around about 2.5 x 1.8 feet per tub.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello @Tim McIlroy and a very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread as well as the care sheets available, and do not hesitate to ask any question when in doubt. ;)

I've had OLI (my Greek tort) for almost six years and I'm madly in love with him. :<3:

Like the name you chose for your tort - a genius. ;) And hope your tort turns out to be one, but not in mathematics. :D

Don't forget to post pics of Archie and his enclosure. :D