the ALL NEW theTurtleRoom.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Wow!
I love your mission statement and all the education resources. And your individual projects.
And your twitter feeds flickering is way cool. LOVE. : )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the site, however it took an awful long time to load on my computer. I looked at the clock when I first clicked on the link and it said 4:14p. When it finally had all the pictures opened and it was fully loaded, it was 4:17p. And my computer is pretty fast.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Thanks for letting me know guys. I think part of it is because its new and the page cache hasn't built up yet. I have something else I will try for performance if it isn't better by the end of the week.

BeeBee, thanks for the compliments!

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
terryo said:
Love the site. It came right up for me.

Thanks. I had also been running a script in the background to make sure all my images were linking properly, which would have slowed it down. I find its churning along pretty good this morning. It should only get better as more people visit, too.

tortadise said:
Its fantastic. I like it a lot. Now can you redo mine :D

Thanks, Kelly! I'd be glad to give you hand, for some fair price, I could probably do more than "give you a hand", too! ;) And my wife would probably love for me to bring in something! hahahaha

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
theTurtleRoom said:
terryo said:

Thanks. I had also been running a script in the background to make sure all my images were linking properly, which would have slowed it down. I find its churning along pretty good this morning. It should only get better as more people visit, too.

tortadise said:

Thanks, Kelly! I'd be glad to give you hand, for some fair price, I could probably do more than "give you a hand", too! ;) And my wife would probably love for me to bring in something! hahahaha

LOL. I bet she would. Im still trying to get use to the wordpress thing. I really like it though. Just kinda gets confusing to me when I want to get all fancy with widgetts and encryption.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
tortadise said:
theTurtleRoom said:
terryo said:

tortadise said:

LOL. I bet she would. Im still trying to get use to the wordpress thing. I really like it though. Just kinda gets confusing to me when I want to get all fancy with widgetts and encryption.

I did notice you switched over. Really easy to work with. Using a premium theme really helps with widgets, etc. I typically buy mine from themeforest.net. This one is called Inovado. I did a lot of my own css and added a lot of features on top of that, too. One can't even really tell its that theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.