the answer too handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

5 Year Member
Imagine being placed in a beutiful home without a phone.every time you go outside of your house there is a giant godzilla looking at you,so you run back inside and hide.The godzilla is very excited too see you so he picks up your house and pulls you out and looks you over.After a time the godzilla loses intrest in you and places you back in your yard and puts your house down.Godzilla did not actually hurt you,but he is still godzillaAt this point he is not too be trusted.You are frequented by godzilla,who provides you with plenty of food and water.The rumbles of godzilla are felt frequently.At any monent godzilla could demand your presense and awaken you,removing you from your home.Sometimes godzilla has other monster friends that also play with you but never hurt you.It is a scary experience and it takes time to trust godzilla.At first the experience may have terrified you and you did not feel comfortable,but you learned godzilla did not harm you.Over time you may even feel comfortable with your godzilla. Kevin McCurley The Complete Ball Python

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
That is nearly the same imagery I have used for years. We mammals (and our bird cousins) were touched, handled, and nourished by our parents as young. Most reptiles, amphibians and fish were not. Most of the 'lower order' animals only get handled by predators.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wouldn't it be cool if tortoises could talk and you could just explain it to them...

John

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Wouldn't it be cool if tortoises could talk and you could just explain it to them...

Tom when i read your response i looked directly at my son,and thought be carefull what you wish for.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Absolutely! I've used that perspective in explaining to my kids and the kids' friends about our tortoises.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Even if they could talk who said they would speak/understand english, all we probably would get is a bunch of screaming tortoises every time we picked them up, if they could talk.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I personally like to think of myself moreso as a friendly giant, much like the green giant :)

both of us like to pass out food, though I prefer to wear more clothes while doing so...

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
That is how I feel about Trudy my Boxie. So I handle her as little as possible. Bob and Shelby I think like to be handled. I started out letting them walk to my hand. They are very friendly. Of course I am an adult so it is not like I play with them. I mostly pick them up and rub their heads once a day and mostly just talk to them while they are in their enclosure. What I don't think they like is when I mist them, but they need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.