The Best Way To Raise Any Temperate Species Of Tortoise

Jeanettics

Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
DIg a hole with a sloped entrance. Cover the hole with plywood. Put lots of dirt on top of the plywood. Done.

Use caution as this simple design will flood if it rains.
Alright I can do that. Thanks I appreciate it.
I’m in Davis, CA. Rain won’t be an issue 🥲

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Alright I can do that. Thanks I appreciate it.
I’m in Davis, CA. Rain won’t be an issue 🥲
That is what I always say for here too. Lived in this area since 1996. It simply does not rain here at all from about May at the latest until November at the earliest. Frequently it won't rain from February to December. Then, day before yesterday, we had some sort of weird tropical rain storm drop almost an inch of rain in about 15 minutes. That NEVER happens here. We do not get ANY rain in summer, ever. It went from 111 degrees to 76 in the span of 10 minutes. All my tortoises were loving it and spent the rest of the day lounging in puddles.

Jeanettics

Sacramento, CA
That is what I always say for here too. Lived in this area since 1996. It simply does not rain here at all from about May at the latest until November at the earliest. Frequently it won't rain from February to December. Then, day before yesterday, we had some sort of weird tropical rain storm drop almost an inch of rain in about 15 minutes. That NEVER happens here. We do not get ANY rain in summer, ever. It went from 111 degrees to 76 in the span of 10 minutes. All my tortoises were loving it and spent the rest of the day lounging in puddles.
Places that are wet are on fire. Places that are dry are flooding. Chaos.
If we happen to get rain here I’ll be outside with my lil boi dancing in it for sure. ☔🌧