...the big move outside. AKA "Growing Up."

DawnH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
Tuleo is almost 8" and I SUPPOSE I could think about moving him outside... I don't wanna though.

We plan on moving in a year (I will build his BIG oasis then, right now he has a smaller outside oasis that he is in daily - weather permitting) and I really feel sad at the thought of not having him around inside any longer. Surely I can't be the only one who has gone though this when their tort is on the cusp of "leaving the nest." ?:(

*sniff*

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can't wait to get them outside. Its a pain in the rear to keep a 10" sulcata indoors. They get really antsy and destructive. I'd much rather see them in a giant outdoor pen, marching around and grazing. I love watching my juveniles do their thing outside.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
So far, he hasn't really been that destructive. It's raining today and he is giving me that look like "What the happy, man? Get me outta here?!" I suppose you are right... but still. I think it might be more "nostalgic" to me because he is my first. You have a wee bit more. I can see wanting them out...lol.