the countueing saga of sissy the tort lol

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
Well yesterday was the service for our dear friend Al. when we left sissy was outside of her cave and resting in the back of the house next to her house, she was still there when we got home. she did retreat into her cave over night, but she has today been exploring her new tort house!! lol shes been walking around in her house and going into her cave to rest and then comming back out to explore some more...and she ate some of her food too. now dont i feel silly with all that worrying i did. she even came up to the glass to stair at me for a few minutes....ahh there she is now comming out of her caveand walking to the end windo so she can stair at spikes back for awhile lol it is so good to see her out and about again. all it took was a couple of weeks in her cave making the house brighter and of course making it a bit warmer lol think i'll let her explore her cave uninteruped today and give her an extrac long soak tomarrow....im just so tickledto see her waundering around in there lol an thus ends the adventure of sissy the tort lol should she do someting interesting in there i'll countue her little sagas of sissy the tort..lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No saga would be complete without first telling us a bit about Sissy - what is she? How old, etc. This would save us from having to do a search for your previous posts.

Dragon

michagin
No saga would be complete without first telling us a bit about Sissy - what is she? How old, etc. This would save us from having to do a search for your previous posts.
lol how very astue of you....part of my charming personaly is giving you people the pleasure of trying to figure out my horrable spelling!! Sissy is a russion tort....I have no idea how old she is, shes an adult and we bought her begging /middle of march. Poor sissy has had a rough start with her new parents...first her house was to small, and we had to build her a whole new house. and of course we didnt have the lighting right and not enough bedding in her house....so poor little sissy with drew in to her little hidy hole cave and stayed there for about 2 weeks!! thus driving her poor new mom crazy which caused mom to constently log on here for advice and information and mostly likely causing frustration to all the wounderful people here as she countually asked if there might be something wrong with her sissy dispite being reassured that sissy was fine and just doing what torts do when they are moved into a new house. lol sissy came out of her cave finally yesterday and decided to spend the day and most of the night out of her cave but in the back of her house hugging up next to her cave...today she came out of her house and ate a bit, then wandered around a bit, then went back in her cave then came back out and wandered around some more severaly times and even came up to the windo facing my chair and sat there stairing at me for a few minutes lol.... acting more like the tort i brought home. Shes been more active today then she has since we got her...ahh there she is again out of her cabe and looking around and stairing at me through the windo lol and she moves rather faster then i thought i tort would move. its good to see her acting and feeling so much better now

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Well yesterday was the service for our dear friend Al. when we left sissy was outside of her cave and resting in the back of the house next to her house, she was still there when we got home. she did retreat into her cave over night, but she has today been exploring her new tort house!! lol shes been walking around in her house and going into her cave to rest and then comming back out to explore some more...and she ate some of her food too. now dont i feel silly with all that worrying i did. she even came up to the glass to stair at me for a few minutes....ahh there she is now comming out of her caveand walking to the end windo so she can stair at spikes back for awhile lol it is so good to see her out and about again. all it took was a couple of weeks in her cave making the house brighter and of course making it a bit warmer lol think i'll let her explore her cave uninteruped today and give her an extrac long soak tomarrow....im just so tickledto see her waundering around in there lol an thus ends the adventure of sissy the tort lol should she do someting interesting in there i'll countue her little sagas of sissy the tort..lol
It is great that Sissy is settling in so well - you put such a lot of thought and work into her house, and now you can see how she is going to enjoy living there - congratulations !!! I know how hard it has been to get everything right, and now you can relax a bit and enjoy just being with her. She is a lucky girl to have such a caring mom. I hope now you are not so worried about her that your health will improve too. And Spike has done a great job too.
Some photos would be nice .
Angie xx

Dragon

michagin
It is great that Sissy is settling in so well - you put such a lot of thought and work into her house, and now you can see how she is going to enjoy living there - congratulations !!! I know how hard it has been to get everything right, and now you can relax a bit and enjoy just being with her. She is a lucky girl to have such a caring mom. I hope now you are not so worried about her that your health will improve too. And Spike has done a great job too.
Some photos would be nice .
Angie xx
thanks, today has been a wounderful day Sissy just got done soaking and is now basking under her basking lamp. I wasnt going to bother her today but she walked up to the windo facing my chair and for about 5 minutes she kept pressing on the windo Id move her back and she d walk to the wiindo and press on it again as if to say I want to be with you lol ( proubly just my imagnation) so i got her soaking tub out and let her sit with me and sheba. her in her soaking tank for about 45 minutes. the soaking tub was blanced on my lap with sheba under the soaking tub i used the toothbrush on her for a little bit and then she even let me pet her little head with my finger. God as always has perfect timming and knows just what you need when you need it. Yesterday was Al's service my sister gave the ulage, it was perfect...and expressed her and our love for him and his for us. Al was more like a father to my sister and a 2d father to us older kids. Dad had a habbit of running away from home lol sometimes for years on end before wandering back home for awhile So Al and Doris always steped in when mom needed help with something and of course mom did the same for them....we wore family.... closer then some blood relitives Al was the last one to die. On the 20th he mentioned to my sister that tomarrow was Doris's birthday and he would be with her again, then faded off to sleep....he never woke up again. its just all us kids now....it was nice seeing his kids again....not that any of us are kids any more.....my health...well as long as the bowtox keeps working i'll be happy....as far as the copd and other health issues....well they dont get better lol but we learn new ways of doing things and just keep trudging along...lol keeps life interesting lol

zolasmum

5 Year Member
thanks, today has been a wounderful day Sissy just got done soaking and is now basking under her basking lamp. I wasnt going to bother her today but she walked up to the windo facing my chair and for about 5 minutes she kept pressing on the windo Id move her back and she d walk to the wiindo and press on it again as if to say I want to be with you lol ( proubly just my imagnation) so i got her soaking tub out and let her sit with me and sheba. her in her soaking tank for about 45 minutes. the soaking tub was blanced on my lap with sheba under the soaking tub i used the toothbrush on her for a little bit and then she even let me pet her little head with my finger. God as always has perfect timming and knows just what you need when you need it. Yesterday was Al's service my sister gave the ulage, it was perfect...and expressed her and our love for him and his for us. Al was more like a father to my sister and a 2d father to us older kids. Dad had a habbit of running away from home lol sometimes for years on end before wandering back home for awhile So Al and Doris always steped in when mom needed help with something and of course mom did the same for them....we wore family.... closer then some blood relitives Al was the last one to die. On the 20th he mentioned to my sister that tomarrow was Doris's birthday and he would be with her again, then faded off to sleep....he never woke up again. its just all us kids now....it was nice seeing his kids again....not that any of us are kids any more.....my health...well as long as the bowtox keeps working i'll be happy....as far as the copd and other health issues....well they dont get better lol but we learn new ways of doing things and just keep trudging along...lol keeps life interesting lol
I am so glad Sissy is getting interested in watching you - you said she let you stroke her head a bit - well, over time, we have stroked and held Zola more and more - and he really seems to enjoy it a lot. I think, if you gently stroked Sissy on her shell, every day, in the same way, just a little bit, she would soon get used to the experience, and would enjoy it more and more. I am just thinking how lovely it would be for you if you could just hold her and relax - a great way of helping your panic attacks and worries generally, and something she and you could really enjoy together. You don't know how she was treated before you got her, but in time she will get more confident with you and you with her - and you will both benefit.That's what I think, anyway.
Angie x

Dragon

michagin
I think your right....Sissy spent most of the day in her cave today...only comming out to eat, but then about quater to 4 she came out and stood on her food dish pushing up against the plexas glass with her head. After she backed up and then pushed her head against the glass a few more times I took her out to soak. Yes she loves to have her shell brushed with the toothbrush and even her head a bit...and yes i shoked her head and shell with my finger again too...and yes she seemed to enjoy it. When I put her back in her house she wandered back into her cave and i can hear her moving around in there. You are also right about the panic attacks too. Sheba is my service dog, she helps to keep me calm when ever i have to go out of the house, and espically when I have to go to my drs appoments or those few times I go somewhere else with spike. Sheba usualy spends her days sitting next to me either on my livingroom chair or in her bed on a kitchen chair when im working on things in the kitchen. Other then spike sheba is my main sorce of combat against the panic and anxity. But here at home she is not my only sorce of comfort....my cat ivy and my larger dog Bonnie also help me to remain calm, and then I have Watson, my little parkeet and now sissy my tort. My animals fill my empty nest sindrum ( my excuess to spike for having so many pets lol ) but also here at home they take some of the stress off of sheba. Im not real kean about being here at home all alone either so I have surrounded myself with my animal children lol They are all a source of comfort for me in serveal ways. Spike often says I need to learn how to relax more....I once praticed the art (not the religen) of zen. controling my breathing as well as my heart beat to slow everything down, as well as deep medatation. but as the copd countues to get worse i have enough trouble just breathing to begin with lol but thats ok,it just means I have to find new and different ways to keep things under control. lol now i cant wait to hear more about you and your lovely zola