The family has grown and diversified!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTfanatic

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
College Station, TX
Our five Russian Tortoises have been joined by two Leopard Tortoises. The Russians are enjoying a watermelon vine and are named Rameus (top left), Anastasia (middle), Nadia (top right), Uri (bottom right) and Tasha (bottom left). Most of the Russians are 7-10 years old and are 4-1/2 to 4-5/8 inches long, except Tasha who is just 2 years old and 3-3/8 inches.
100_1575a.jpg

Just got the Leopards last weekend and they're about a month old (six weeks at most) and we haven't named them yet, but the family is thinking of names and we're going to vote on them. I think we're down to: (1) Akuna & Matata, (2) Simba and Nala, (3) Rafiki and Nalo, and (4) Kibibi and Pangi. Trying to get three kids and a wife to agree is a challenge! They're 2 inches and 2-1/4 inches and weigh just 0.9 ounces and 1.3 ounces. That's barely three postage stamps worth of tortoises... Amazing how tiny and light they are!!!
imga0015a.jpg

100_1596a.jpg

RTfanatic

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
College Station, TX
Watermelon and cantelope vines are great as they grow faster than anything I've seen that they can eat. Great in the mix of other stuff for sure.

Lil' Tortie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Central TX
sushisurf13 said:
How Cool!!
My choice is Akuna and Mutata. What a wonderful phrase!

I go with that too. Cute names for cute leopards. The look good as always... ;)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Your new Leopards look great. :D Excellent pictures of all your tortoises.

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
RTfanatic, great looking little Leos. Love the names you have chosen. Now to pick just two :). Your Russians look great too. Thanks for sharing your pics with us and Congrats on the new additions.

big_red_tortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Florida
They are soo cute. I want to get a leopard tortoise after I get comfortable raising my baby redfoot.

Lil' Tortie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Central TX
big_red_tortoise said:
They are soo cute. I want to get a leopard tortoise after I get comfortable raising my baby redfoot.

...urrrmm... RTfanatic got those cuties from me... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.