The Feral World trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Hello, fellow TFO members! I thought I'd use this space for some shameless self-promotion. I am the author of a trilogy called The Feral World, published by Flying Pen Press. The story takes place in the Great Plains of North America some 3,000 years after an asteroid has wiped out civilization ... and humanity has decided not to rebuild. In this world, people have returned to a nomadic, hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and live much like the indigenous people of Africa, America, and Australia do today. However, these tribespeople have also kept a handful of our texts, and blend the memory of our time with the culture of their own to live in the New Days.

The Feral World is about people moving across the plains, and meeting other tribes and wild animals in strange and wonderful landscapes. In this future, wild and feral animals inhabit the countryside, and people coexist with them and live off the land.

The first book, Migration of the Kamishi, is about a small tribe led by a young man named Blake, who leave the north in search of a better life in the south.

In the second book, Trials of the Warmland, the Kamishi try to make a new home for themselves in the southern Great Plains.

Finally, in Riders of the Mapinguari, the people of the Warmland must defend their home against invaders with a powerful and mysterious secret weapon on their side.

These books can be ordered at bookstores and major bookseller websites:
- Amazon.com
- Borders.com
- BarnesAndNoble.com
- FlyingPenPress.com (publisher website)
The Kindle ebook versions of these books are also available on Amazon.com.

I hope you will enjoy them.

Sincerely,
Gaddy Bergmann
aka GeoTerraTestudo
Denver, Colorado

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Would you classify it as science fiction? or something else? and the coexisting with animals would you consider it "preachy" They sound interesting and just want some more info before I decide on them. Thanks.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
dmmj said:
Would you classify it as science fiction? or something else? and the coexisting with animals would you consider it "preachy" They sound interesting and just want some more info before I decide on them. Thanks.

The Feral World trilogy is in general fiction, but is very much like science fiction, except that instead of a story that has a lot to do with technology, it has a lot to do with ecology.

As for the theme, I should certainly hope I have not written anything preachy. The Feral World is an adventure that takes place in a natural setting. There are parts where the characters beliefs are discussed, as are the different groups' philosophies, but this story is basically an adventure. I don't think it's preachy.

Status
Not open for further replies.