The guys & their table

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nacogdoches, TX
Melanie and I recently adopted 4 baby Sulcatas (There was a lot of Back N Forth as to what type of torts to get, but we eventually decided to go with Sullies. They're the species that got me interested in raising shellbacks again anyway.)

So, Built a 4x4 table for them, planted with grasses they like to eat, & the little fellas arrived yesterday. We named them Mike, Leo, Raph, & Don, after the Ninja Turtles. Silly, I know, but my wife & I met 15 years ago because of a Ninja Turtles poster.

Anyway, thought I'd share a couple of snapshots.

Turtles 4.jpg

turtles 2.jpg

turtles 1.jpg

Turtles 3.jpg

Turtles 5.jpg

Turtles 6.jpg

Turtles 8.jpg

Turtles 9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
very nice enclosure and great looking torts!! they are so cute

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
looks like you did some homework before they arrived..
what kind of yard do you have for the following years?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
nice table! I love the grassy area! You guys are going to be busy:) Of course, they are very cute.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice. You don't usually see babies up for adoption. They are usually really easy to sell. Do you know the incubation temps for temp sexing?

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Nacogdoches, TX
Thanks guys!

@ ascott, Thanks! As I said, my wife & I met 'cause of Ninja Turtles, so it just seemed appropo to make their huts color corodinate.
@ Laura, Yeah, I've raised a lot of animals, & know what a pain it can be to get an animal and THEN find out what you're in for. I researched for about 8 months, & talked to folks here on the forum before making a final decision. We own our home, and we've got a decent sized back yard. (It's not fenced at the moment, but will be in the next year or so.) We live in East Texas, and the temps rarely get below 65, so it should just be a matter of fencing the yard, & building them a shed with a protected heater or two.
@ Tom, nope don't have a clue.

If y'all are interested, I can post some better pics of the table. I'm still working on the lighting, & heat part (which will be enclosed for the sake of aesthetics.), but the table itself is complete.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Awww, how cute.. they each have their little sleeping hut. What a nice, big enclosure!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Cute!! And what a HUGE table for such tiny little fellas! that's awesome!

Just a note--not sure if you're aware--but that clover-looking plant with the heart-shaped leaves in a few of your pics looks like Oxalis, which isn't good for torts. If it's in the table, you may want to pull it. :)

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Nacogdoches, TX
Floof said:
Cute!! And what a HUGE table for such tiny little fellas! that's awesome!

Just a note--not sure if you're aware--but that clover-looking plant with the heart-shaped leaves in a few of your pics looks like Oxalis, which isn't good for torts. If it's in the table, you may want to pull it. :)

My mistake. (I'm clueless when it comes to plants.) I thought that WAS clover. It'll be gone tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

JD

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
No problem, happy to help! Oxalis is tricky like that. The first time I found a big patch of it in my yard, I thought it was some kind of giant clover (some of the ones in my yard were as big as my fist)! But luckily the weather was still crap up here so I found out it was bad before I even had a chance to take the torts out for a graze. :)

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
I especially like the fact that they can do all that climbing around, up little dirt hills and into their "jungle".

Status
Not open for further replies.