The IRS has reached a new level in my "errrr" book

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
IT seems that the IRS made a minor BooBoo on thousands of taxes yesterday!

They sent them all to a bank in Ky! They were suppose to deposit all returns into the SBBT account, but oops, they entered the wrong numbers!

Now they are making all few thousand of us wait for them to reconcile with The Bank of Republic in Lousville and then MAIL US PAPER CHECKS!!!!

Snail mail, what!!

I guess the good side is i dont have to pay the fees to have my taxes done now, SBBT is waving them, so i got 80 dollars for my troubles.

Now I hope that they mail the checks asap, not in a up to 8 week BS time line.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well like the rest of our goverment the IRS is a huge bureaucracy the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing half of the time.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
This is true. :rolleyes:

I think the IRS are better than they were a couple decades ago, though. They used to act like the Secret Police and very quick to the trigger on fines and penalties. I forget which president changed the policy so they have to be more polite and respectful, but I am glad it happened. :D

It's always such a treat (for me anyway) when we get a refund or break even instead of having to pay. Fred HATES doing our family taxes even though he uses TurboTax (it's the only bookkeeping job that is his instead of mine); he also does the kids' returns for them. It's a massive amount of time and effort even with the software. I don't think anyone would disagree that the U.S. tax code is an indecipherable labrynth! :cool:

[OT but worth the possible scolding--when Leslie and I went to France in the summer of 2008, a group of us spent a few hours at a sidewalk cafe chatting intermittently with the owner. He was a Brit living in France because his ex-girlfriend lived with their young daughter in Paris. Anyway, we had a long conversation about government bureaucracy, because the multiple levels of it there in Rouen France were killing his business, and, long story short, he wished he could emigrate to the U.S., where his cousin lived and ran a similar business, because the tax laws were so much more friendly to businesses!] ;)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Stephanie took the words right out of my mouth.. and I'll add this:

I'm sure we could find a way to buy you all a "one way" ticket to anywhere you want to go.. that really don't appreciate the "freedom" we enjoy here.. and then we wouldn't have to hear you 'whine' about how bad it is here...

Any questions anybody?

Terry K

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Consider yourself scolded, Stephanie!! :)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
that is one reason why I favor a flat tax, or a consumption tax.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
emysemys said:
Consider yourself scolded, Stephanie!! :)

Dang, I thought he was scolding Terra! :p

I was expressing how much better our American bureaucracy is than the French bureaucracy! ;)

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I get the point, dont whine, well I am sorry.
I thought friends lent a ear when you needed it

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry...I was trying to be funny. Stephanie mentioned that she might be scolded for going off topic, so I scolded her!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
I have a 'novel' idea.. although it may take effort on any individuals' part.. "Do your part first!".

In other words: learn the system [ I know you think it changes daily! ]. Then prepare your taxes so you will win......... then wait.

OR.. pay someone to do them for you.. which is deductable next year.. and you will win and you will see and receive your results immediately. Ours is reflected in our personal account usually within 3-5 business days. Cost?.. about 75 bucks.

Is a few minutes a day/week and a few hours once a year worth it? It is for me.

Bottom line: Learn the system/do your part FIRST.. or keep whining because they will wear you out.

YAAAAYYY it's tax time!
36_2_471.gif

Terry K

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
from personal experience you can do everything right and still get the IRS tax hound sicked on you.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
dmmj said:
from personal experience you can do everything right and still get the IRS tax hound sicked on you.

Not according to them!

Sooooo?.. what's your point? IF in fact you were clean.. it was only an inconvenience! Did you get your refund?

Terry K

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Well i am just upset I t did it right! They sent out some 2000 refunds to the wrong bank, due to a internal error, and yet hasnt told any one...

Why cant they say, oh sorry, we missed our promise date because...... but instead we all have to call in and find out there was a error and they will fix it and give us our money via CHECK NOW! cant direct deposit two times! buts its your mistake!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.