the new person from the land of 10,000 lakes

Location (City and/or State)
minnesota
Hello,
I'm new on here but not so much new to tortoises. I have a few different shelled children. Sulcata, redfoot, Russian, leopard, pancake and a box turtle. They are my life and all my free time belongs to them and that's the way I like it. I see a lot of warmer state people on here. Is there any cold blooded minnesotans?

EdMurphy

Minnesota
Welcome, I’m about 30 miles north of the twin cities. I have 1 Russian.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome!

We have many, many members from the east side of the U.S. You're in good company.

minnesota
Welcome, I’m about 30 miles north of the twin cities. I have 1 Russian.
Hello! Sounds like we are in roughly the same area.
Russians are my most favorite. They have the best/friendliest personalities. And I argue with people that 1 of mine knows his name
I have 4 now. They are very seperate. The last 2 I got within the last month on craigslist in our area. One of living in a 10 gal aquarium with nothing in it. Nothing. And we know they can't be outside In aquariums!
The other one had no uvb light for 5 years and questionable diet. So his she'll is small -mbd-.
I need to stay of craigslist lol. Or I will rescue them all
Nice to meet you, thanks for letting me know your out there

minnesota
Russians are my most favorite. They have the best/friendliest personalities. And I argue with people that 1 of mine knows his name
I have 4 now. They are very seperate. The last 2 I got within the last month on craigslist in our area. One of living in a 10 gal aquarium with nothing in it. Nothing. And we know they can't be outside In aquariums!
The other one had no uvb light for 5 years and questionable diet. So his she'll is small -mbd-.
I am am why when I type a word it gets changed. If my posts don't make sense then there was a word I missed changing.
I didn't mean to say "they are very separate" I meant to say they "live separate" lol

EdMurphy

Minnesota

I found mine, I call her Booyah, at the Chisago City Co-op pet store in December.
I had done a lot of reading about them a few years ago so when I seen her I thought it was time. Right now I have her in a enclosure I built my living room, working on making an outdoor area for her but, she can only be out there with me present since I also have a husky that has the back yard and I'm sure one or the other would dig a tunnel in or out of her pen without supervision. Not to mention nearly everything I have growing in the back yard is not good for her so that all needs to be fixed. Her personality is awesome, not a day goes by that she don't make me laugh.