the new "what do you look like" thread

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
No, I've wracked my brain, but come up with none
BTW...if you do ever get to the West Coast I'd take Tom up on his offer if I were you. That was the trip of a lifetime for me. I drove from Oregon and brought a friend with me. Unfortunately, I was sick but, Tom is very personable, and did everything he could to show us around. From showing off a German Shepherd who was trained to act like he was gonna rip us to pieces, and changed to a nice dog with one command, to the trained cats and camels, horses, birds...just so much to see and so close-up and personal. Many many animals around, I got to pet a Zebra and a freakin rhinoceros!!! A rhinoceros...seriously, right on his face separated by a small one rail fence. Wow...but then I got to realize a life-long dream. I got to be with two elephants. Right there. I got to have my person and face sniffed by an elephant's trunk. Oh man...I was in heaven. I got elephant snot on me...it was SO cool. One of the highlights of my life, no doubt. I even saw his herd of Sulcata as well...fun times...
That DOES sound amazing!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hello, Action.
BTW...you are always welcome here in Oregon. I have plenty of room...of course, it wouldn't be as fun as a visit to Tom, but it would be different...lol
Here is Big Sam as he breaks thru the wall to attack Knobby and to destroy the cute little box turtle house....And my new cat Simon. He's a Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest Cat mix, weighing in at 33 lbs and 2.5 ft long. Bigger than most Beagles and not socialized. He's declawed and has a slow growing melanoma in his right eye. He's only 6 yr and a hell of a lota cat073.JPG 072.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I adopted Smokey after my cat Maks died. He is 12 yrs old and I've had him for about 3 months. He is weird and fun and goofy, very physically affectionate, and we have just really bonded. I am very fortunate to have found him. He was in the humane society for 4 months before I found him. His old lady owner died. He is just really different and we have bonded well. We read the paper together every morning and we play while I am trying to drink my coffee and read. I am so lucky...
016.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey I forgot to mention that my granddaughter who is 29 yrs old and just gave me a great granddaughter, is also giving me a 15 yr old 4.5 ft long male Ball Python. She's had 'Cupcake' since he was 6 months old, but having a child has made it too hard to give Cupcake the care he needs. So because I have 2 cats, 13 birds, 11 box turtles and 3 tortoises she figured I'd have the room and knowledge to care for this large snake. Because his habitat is too big for my Camaro I have to use my own stuff to make a habitat here for him. But the supplies won't be a problem as I have mucho large habitats, branches, substrate, UVB lights, CHE's etc. Actually, I have everything I need to care for this big snake except the experience and knowledge on his physical care. Fortunately I have until the first of April before I drive down to the beautiful California coast town of Oceano, California, 850 miles one way, to visit family and get this snake. Anybody has any care hints or advice on this snake I'd love to read them, and if anybody wants a large Maine Coon cat, he's free for the taking here in Oregon. I'd love for him to go to a better home than mine.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I adopted Smokey after my cat Maks died. He is 12 yrs old and I've had him for about 3 months. He is weird and fun and goofy, very physically affectionate, and we have just really bonded. I am very fortunate to have found him. He was in the humane society for 4 months before I found him. His old lady owner died. He is just really different and we have bonded well. We read the paper together every morning and we play while I am trying to drink my coffee and read. I am so lucky...
View attachment 284989
Our cat Dilly is an unusual character also. He always comes up with a new vocalization. I've heard him say myum, noel, among some of the vocals. He tells me when there is a bug in the house he doesn't want to confront with a certain sound. He's a senior kitty also but only about 10 years. A good cat is a good cat.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey I forgot to mention that my granddaughter who is 29 yrs old and just gave me a great granddaughter, is also giving me a 15 yr old 4.5 ft long male Ball Python. She's had 'Cupcake' since he was 6 months old, but having a child has made it too hard to give Cupcake the care he needs. So because I have 2 cats, 13 birds, 11 box turtles and 3 tortoises she figured I'd have the room and knowledge to care for this large snake. Because his habitat is too big for my Camaro I have to use my own stuff to make a habitat here for him. But the supplies won't be a problem as I have mucho large habitats, branches, substrate, UVB lights, CHE's etc. Actually, I have everything I need to care for this big snake except the experience and knowledge on his physical care. Fortunately I have until the first of April before I drive down to the beautiful California coast town of Oceano, California, 850 miles one way, to visit family and get this snake. Anybody has any care hints or advice on this snake I'd love to read them, and if anybody wants a large Maine Coon cat, he's free for the taking here in Oregon. I'd love for him to go to a better home than mine.

OK to the several who sent me PM's....no one would ever trust me with a baby. My granddaughter is keeping her baby...too funny...anybody who knows me knows I am not trusted to care for people, just animals...lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
All I can say is watch out for children...especially when they learn multiplication...hehehe