THE NUT HOUSE

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
When I got a sewing machine (not long after I came back from the UK), I didn't think I'd ever want to take up quilting. Except for repairing a few hems and little things like that, my sewing machine didn't get used the first several years.

Then at some point I decided to attempt a simple little t-shirt pattern. No clasps or closures, no zippers, no buttons. Simple shirt out of cotton fabric. Sounds straightforward enough, right? And then I tried fitting it. Problem is, my front and my back are multiple sizes apart. :rolleyes: So for me, there is no such thing as a simple shirt pattern.

When I took the machine mastery classes for my sewing machine (yes, it came with classes), we did a small sample of crazy quilting to try out some different stitches and techniques. It was fun. And there was a beginning quilting class coming up.

Turns out, quilting is nice and mathematical, but doesn't require calculus or differential equations. This is good for me. The most stressful part is fabric selection.

Well, that and apparently me stressing over trying to get binding hand stitched down without it looking like rubbish. ?
I hear you loud and clear.?? I have to have every single stitch looking good. That ain't OCD is it ? well then...