THE NUT HOUSE

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Yep, had all 30 shots yesterday. I asked about Goni - Greater Occipital Nerve Injection. My doctor said it was a nerve block and that he does that for some patients, but Botox is better for my type of pain. Thank you again for checking, how are you?
I'm glad you have managed to finally get the botox at last. The hospital where I get mine treats some patients (including lucky me) with alternate sessions of botox and Goni - so every 6 weeks - I actually really am lucky, because it is the major headache centre for the area, and I have a chance of getting any new treatment that comes along. I do hope you will feel better once you get over the pincushion feeling! I think I will be due for the Goni in early July, and I shall be very glad, as the headaches have not been good, and I have been rather dizzy and shaky too. We have been having a lot of anxiety about new building work in the fields next to our house which is going to be very disruptive, and noisy , but we have tried to fight it for 3 years and it's no use.
Best wishes from Angie

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
I'm glad you have managed to finally get the botox at last. The hospital where I get mine treats some patients (including lucky me) with alternate sessions of botox and Goni - so every 6 weeks - I actually really am lucky, because it is the major headache centre for the area, and I have a chance of getting any new treatment that comes along. I do hope you will feel better once you get over the pincushion feeling! I think I will be due for the Goni in early July, and I shall be very glad, as the headaches have not been good, and I have been rather dizzy and shaky too. We have been having a lot of anxiety about new building work in the fields next to our house which is going to be very disruptive, and noisy , but we have tried to fight it for 3 years and it's no use.
Best wishes from Angie
Wow, my doctor did not say anything about alternating treatments, I have to wait 12 weeks before going again. So sorry to hear that you have additional symptoms along with the headaches, I canʻt imagine how you are feeling and dealing with it. I hope the work does not take too long, sending soft hugs. ?
Dawn

Jan A

Boulder, CO
What’s happened here? It’s Tuesday!!! Is EVERYONE OK??? ???
I am bored, boring & avoiding housework as well as the outdoors. Your trip looks like it's so much fun. We might even get out on the lake this weekend. Hubby has to make more progress on the boat though. Dangle some feet in the water for me!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I am bored, boring & avoiding housework as well as the outdoors. Your trip looks like it's so much fun. We might even get out on the lake this weekend. Hubby has to make more progress on the boat though. Dangle some feet in the water for me!!
Well I hope he gets it all done for you. Nothing like toes in The water! I am hoping for a very laid back weekend but I think I have family coming in… it sounds horrible, but I’m tired of people!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

You need to dangle two tickets to
The Lakers (?) in front of your hubby’s nose. Maybe that boat will get done in no time! ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
You need to dangle two tickets to
The Lakers (?) in front of your hubby’s nose. Maybe that boat will get done in no time! ?
He's been on a 4-week whine about both his shoulders & knee. But won't go to the dr. Or up his ibuprofen level. I'm not exactly sympathetic after what i"ve gone thru. If the boat goes out a little dirty, so what?

BTW, any chance you live close to a university with a vet school? Some university vet schools see sick animals. Maybe they'd be able give Sally an xray.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
OH ? ! Its Wednesday!!! Where did the week go? Thursday will be bad-gotta see the dentist so I can antiobiotics for an infected root so I can get on the schedule for a Root Canal! Oddly the only one I ever had went so well I want that Endodontist again! If he is not on my insurance this year y'all may hear it where you are??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
OH ? ! Its Wednesday!!! Where did the week go? Thursday will be bad-gotta see the dentist so I can antiobiotics for an infected root so I can get on the schedule for a Root Canal! Oddly the only one I ever had went so well I want that Endodontist again! If he is not on my insurance this year y'all may hear it where you are??
Man that sucks!!! Here’s to Wednesday then and skipping thru until Friday!!!

I was watching an old Swayze movie the other night.. Blackdog!!! Just thought of you:)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
He's been on a 4-week whine about both his shoulders & knee. But won't go to the dr. Or up his ibuprofen level. I'm not exactly sympathetic after what i"ve gone thru. If the boat goes out a little dirty, so what?

BTW, any chance you live close to a university with a vet school? Some university vet schools see sick animals. Maybe they'd be able give Sally an xray.

Nothing like a husband that complains of pain... even just a head ache. ?

You’ve got it good though!

Ever time I complain about:

My back— he’s got it worse
My neck— he’s got it worse
My Sciatica— his is worse
My thumbs— his are about to break off ?
And on... and on... and on....

I got him good ONCE though...
I complained about “women’s problems”
?
Nothing was wrong really.
I just wanted him to stop competing!

As I’ve said in the past ...
I had my gallbladder removed....
His is now starting to act up.?
He’s not even sure it’s gall stones!!!
Just wants to be in the running I guess??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

No . Unfortunately I don’t have a school close enough for veterinary medicine.
I checked already ?
But thank you for that idea!!! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I was watching an old Swayze movie the other night.. Blackdog!!! Just thought of you:)

Was it the outsiders?
Or
Too Wong Foo?? ???????

Attachments

• 625DA1B0-FEB7-44CD-90A5-A732F5BACC60.png
    625DA1B0-FEB7-44CD-90A5-A732F5BACC60.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Nothing like a husband that complains of pain... even just a head ache. ?

You’ve got it good though!

Ever time I complain about:

My back— he’s got it worse
My neck— he’s got it worse
My Sciatica— his is worse
My thumbs— his are about to break off ?
And on... and on... and on....

I got him good ONCE though...
I complained about “women’s problems”
?
Nothing was wrong really.
I just wanted him to stop competing!

As I’ve said in the past ...
I had my gallbladder removed....
His is now starting to act up.?
He’s not even sure it’s gall stones!!!
Just wants to be in the running I guess??
Always gotta "one-up you" huh? :)

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Was it the outsiders?
Or
Too Wong Foo?? ???????

Blackdog reminds you of Patrick Swayze? Sorry too new to know all the backstories. :rolleyes: