THE NUT HOUSE

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix
Wow you were close Chubbs. For a low low price of just a shade under $1000 I got to have my tortoise treated for a scorpion sting (2nd time) but he’s alive. He had been in massive respiratory distress last night and I didn’t think he would make it through the night. His secretions were so heavy that I had to keep turning him nose down to drain and clear. He couldn’t move his right front leg. I was very certain it was a scorpion sting but there’s no way of definitively knowing until they do a full work up and I’m happy to say that his x-rays were fine, blood work was fine as I stated before, and he got a nice whopping dose of midazolam to relax his leg and make him feel better along with some meloxicam for pain. Even though he is really wasted and he looks like a stoned tortoise (which he is) they told me he was able to bear weight on his right leg and was a feisty little bugger when they trimmed his bike before they discharged him. I am so relieved that I can’t even express how much. He is an old guy being 60+ and I’ve had them nearly all my life and it would’ve been too painful to even contemplate to lose him right after losing Jilly. He gets to have meloxicam shots for at least 10 more days which is a good thing because last time he was in a lot of pain and it was a much less traumatic sting because it didn’t cause him to go into respiratory distress before. I am so relieved that I don’t even mind $1000 and I’m a cheapskate.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Wow you were close Chubbs. For a low low price of just a shade under $1000 I got to have my tortoise treated for a scorpion sting (2nd time) but he’s alive. He had been in massive respiratory distress last night and I didn’t think he would make it through the night. His secretions were so heavy that I had to keep turning him nose down to drain and clear. He couldn’t move his right front leg. I was very certain it was a scorpion sting but there’s no way of definitively knowing until they do a full work up and I’m happy to say that his x-rays were fine, blood work was fine as I stated before, and he got a nice whopping dose of midazolam to relax his leg and make him feel better along with some meloxicam for pain. Even though he is really wasted and he looks like a stoned tortoise (which he is) they told me he was able to bear weight on his right leg and was a feisty little bugger when they trimmed his bike before they discharged him. I am so relieved that I can’t even express how much. He is an old guy being 60+ and I’ve had them nearly all my life and it would’ve been too painful to even contemplate to lose him right after losing Jilly. He gets to have meloxicam shots for at least 10 more days which is a good thing because last time he was in a lot of pain and it was a much less traumatic sting because it didn’t cause him to go into respiratory distress before. I am so relieved that I don’t even mind $1000 and I’m a cheapskate.
Wow. I'll be thinking hoping and praying for you and your tortoise. And a bunch more people here too.