THE NUT HOUSE

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I've been nothing but lurking ? and I have a really good excuse. First I made Crab Apple juice then jelly. Then I tried to tame the monster ? that's in my front yard that went nuts this year. I couldn't get a tree company yet and got fed up so I trimmed it some myself. My son, grandson, Heather, and myself bagged up around 12 bags of fallen apples for the third time that weighed about 20lbs each and I'm not exaggerating. So the tree went from thisspypoint.jpgIMG_20210912_163638456_HDR.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've been nothing but lurking ? and I have a really good excuse. First I made Crab Apple juice then jelly. Then I tried to tame the monster ? that's in my front yard that went nuts this year. I couldn't get a tree company yet and got fed up so I trimmed it some myself. My son, grandson, Heather, and myself bagged up around 12 bags of fallen apples for the third time that weighed about 20lbs each and I'm not exaggerating. So the tree went from thisView attachment 332647View attachment 332648
And that dang tree isn't done with me yet.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That tree needs a trim! Its like a 70’d bush haha
Yea!!!!! Still!!!!! And no self respecting tree trimmer will want to because it's an apple tree and it's too late in the year. I'm gonna tell them to scalp the dang thing yesterday when I finally can get one. Our area has this problem this year. Fruit bearing trees have so much fruit this year that it's breaking limbs (mine does have a couple) and actually killing trees. One person I've talked with had to cut down 2 of his peach trees because they fell apart from all of the weight. I'll have to leave some apples for the birds though ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning Nuthouse residents and Happy Monday!
View attachment 332668

Hey!!!
I hear Texas is getting a bad storm??
Like Ida????
BE CAREFUL!!!!
Batten down the hatches, secure torts in the highest places of your house and sit in the tub with the horse!!!!
I will be praying for you!!! ??????

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hey!!!
I hear Texas is getting a bad storm??
Like Ida????
BE CAREFUL!!!!
Batten down the hatches, secure torts in the highest places of your house and sit in the tub with the horse!!!!
I will be praying for you!!! ??????
Thank you Yvonne… it’s mostly south of me.. I’m kinda in last wave of after effects shown on the radar. Unless we get tornado spin-offs, me and all of mine should be fine.