THE NUT HOUSE

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
OTOH, if you can't find your belly button, you might need a med alert. Ain't old age fun?
I can just hear me saying that to that dang device. Sorry I accidentally pushed the button while looking for my belly button. That's what happens if I can't get to the reset button on time. If I don't answer that on time I have to wait for a phone call. If I don't answer they'll break down the door if they can't find the key... believe me I try not to set that dang thing off. For some reason it reminds me to be a bit careful ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Happy Friday nut jobs!!!
Yesterday morning I went out to my tort shed first thing like I always do...about 6:30... minutes before their lights come on...and I discovered Mary K. in a corner that she never would sleep in...so I went in instead of just opening the doggie doors and underneath the 40 lb Sulcata was a 60 gram Russian tortoise...I had to divide the shed floor to make room for 3 more tortoises so I separated the floor with my old stand by... cinder block...evidently Mary had pushed 1 of the smaller block so that the holes were turned around and little Bit simply walked thru the block and ended up under Mary.
2 tortoises live on the floor under the tort table...Mary turned the block that is standing on end against the wall next to the doggie door...
100_0787.JPG
I don't think that little Russian expected K
ing Kong when he walked thru the block...lol
100_0793.JPG
I don't yet have pictures of this just yet...after rescuing Little Bit from the monster I went into town to the Safeway...
As I pulled into the spot right in front, I saw a Red tailed Hawk on the pole marking my spot...so I stopped and flew outta my car with my 150 year old cell phone in hand while I figure how to take a picture with it...I got a hale a**ed photo...He was so big and I was surprised at that. I was also surprised that I'm there talking to the bird, my car is in the driving lane while I try to figure out the phone...he takes off to an empty spot and all the sudden many many Crows just swooped down and attacked the Hawk who is trying to pickup a half a MickeyD's cheeseburger off the ground...much flapping and squawking...he gets the burger and takes flight with all these Crows at him...I also notice...my car is blocking part of the lane cuz I stopped so I could jump out...I am fascinated with this big bird...and people are walking around the lot in and out the store and evidently the Hawk, Crows and I are invisible as not one person paid any attention to me or that huge bird.
Oh...how did I know he picked up a Mickey D's cheeseburger??? When he flew away being attacked...he dropped the damn thing on the hood of my car!!!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Happy Friday nut jobs!!!
Yesterday morning I went out to my tort shed first thing like I always do...about 6:30... minutes before their lights come on...and I discovered Mary K. in a corner that she never would sleep in...so I went in instead of just opening the doggie doors and underneath the 40 lb Sulcata was a 60 gram Russian tortoise...I had to divide the shed floor to make room for 3 more tortoises so I separated the floor with my old stand by... cinder block...evidently Mary had pushed 1 of the smaller block so that the holes were turned around and little Bit simply walked thru the block and ended up under Mary.
2 tortoises live on the floor under the tort table...Mary turned the block that is standing on end against the wall next to the doggie door...
View attachment 334632
View attachment 334633
I don't yet have pictures of this just yet...after rescuing Little Bit from the monster I went into town to the Safeway...
As I pulled into the spot right in front, I saw a Red tailed Hawk on the pole marking my spot...so I stopped and flew outta my car with my 150 year old cell phone in hand while I figure how to take a picture with it...I got a hale a**ed photo...He was so big and I was surprised at that. I was also surprised that I'm there talking to the bird, my car is in the driving lane while I try to figure out the phone...he takes off to an empty spot and all the sudden many many Crows just swooped down and attacked the Hawk who is trying to pickup a half a MickeyD's cheeseburger off the ground...much flapping and squawking...he gets the burger and takes flight with all these Crows at him...I also notice...my car is blocking part of the lane cuz I stopped so I could jump out...I am fascinated with this big bird...and people are walking around the lot in and out the store and evidently the Hawk, Crows and I are invisible as not one person paid any attention to me or that huge bird.
Oh...how did I know he picked up a Mickey D's cheeseburger??? When he flew away being attacked...he dropped the damn thing on the hood of my car!!!
Never a dull moment at Mags lol love it!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Friday nut jobs!!!
View attachment 334632
View attachment 334633
The crows were probably mad because that dang hawk was stealing the cheeseburger they had their eyes on ? good thing they didn't realize that the hawk had decided that a McDonald's cheeseburger isn't worth the effort. I would hate to see the mess on the hood of your car with all the crows fighting over that cheeseburger ? you aught to see how much a crow loves McDonald's fries ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Happy Friday nut jobs!!!
View attachment 334632
View attachment 334633

?????????????????????????????????????????
Maggie…. You never fail to disappoint me with your stories!! ???
I was gonna say ,
Awww…. Poor little turtle
Then I was gonna say,
Awwww…. Poor little birdie.
Now all I can say is,
I am surprised you didn’t pull out a shot gun to kill that punk-a** bird who dropped a burger ON YOUR IROC!!!???
??????????
I gotta read this AGAIN tomorrow..!
I can’t stop laughing!!!!
???????
?❤️?❤️