THE NUT HOUSE

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We are in final approach descending slowly into ZZZZZZday!. Turkey makes you sleepy HAHAHA maybe the 6.2 pounds of carbohydrates!!!
We are having duck ? and the only turkey we'll be having will be thighs to make some turkey broth for dressing. The thighs will be turned into turkey salad after I get all the turkey broth I need. I have a somewhat plan ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Remember dad and I knew he was run over, we buried him, but my son did not believe us?
I got a message from a girl who said her dad found a Russian tortoise at his work, which is (kinda) near our home, about a mile as the crow flies, full of houses, then ditches a valley....anyway she said her dad told her that Snoopy walked up the road to the main gate where he works and acted like he owned the place! Dad checked around and after a couple of days no one claimed him, so he took Snoopy home. Luckily, she has had torts in the past, she said he looked thin and kinda stressed, so she soaked him, and fed him then hit social media.

It took her 3 weeks of digging through the Humane Society, Paw Posse, Stolen Stuff Hawaii, Instagram my now favorite assh**e site Next Door, and a zillion FaceBook Groups. She found my post from way back on May 31st and saw that where her dad found him is near our home. To be sure he was ours, she asked for a photo of Snoopy and I have lots of them showing a weird chip on his shell. She sent back a picture showing the chip! She lives in Kailua near my workplace, we went to her house and got Snoopy back. My son was overjoyed and we are thrilled! She had him for about 3 weeks, so where was he for the other 3 or 4 months? Was he wandering? Did someone take him and he escaped? Did someone take him then decide they didnʻt want him and let him loose? In any case, it was so nice that she went through all that trouble to find us and not just keep him.

I still canʻt believe heʻs alive after completing his mission, or field trip, or whatever!

I wonder whose tortoise we buried?!

look at it this way, you did something really nice for someones poor tortoise. You gave him a very nice burial and God will shine down on you for doing that. Now we have to get that little girl her own tortoise so she can see why she DOESNT really want one!! ?
Oh my God I’m so happy snoopy came home wow that’s fantastic!!!
I’m jumping for joy!!! ???????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
My baby Eastern Box got run over by a car or bicycle when I found her with an amputated front foot and broken rear leg.

She's doing great now.

This awful but I saw her eat a spider today.
I need a picture of this little baby!!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I went for my post op visit today, and my doctor said she couldnʻt wait to see me because she wanted to know the punch line. When I asked her what she meant, she said before surgery they give you something to relax before putting you completely under. Apparently, I was babbling away joke after joke on the way to the operating table. I had started a joke and passed out before delivering the punch line. I gasped and asked her if I was telling dirty jokes and she started laughing. ?

It was the "fasten eight" joke. I delivered the much-awaited punchline. She was on her way to the hospital and said she would find the nurses and anesthesiologists who worked with her that day cause they wanted to know the punchline too.

Never a dull moment!
Ok…. I’ll ask…
What’s the “fasten eight “ joke? ?