Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Happy thanksgiving everybody!!!
Wishing you all the moistest of turkeys,
The butteriest of stuffings
The fluffiest of potatoes and yams
And of course….
The BIGGEST PIECE OF PIE you can handle in one sitting. 😝
This is my concoction of homemade pumpkin pie.😁 It's my first time trying a deep dish pie made from fresh pie pumpkins. I had to have my son come over with a hatchet type knife just to chop them in half. We also had to use a 2×4" block of wood to pound the knife 😱 oh my garsh, processing, then I had to play with new recipes. I gave one away so it doesn't go to waste 😜🥧IMG_20221123_160642054.jpg

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
This is my concoction of homemade pumpkin pie.😁 It's my first time trying a deep dish pie made from fresh pie pumpkins. I had to have my son come over with a hatchet type knife just to chop them in half. We also had to use a 2×4" block of wood to pound the knife 😱 oh my garsh, processing, then I had to play with new recipes. I gave one away so it doesn't go to waste 😜🥧View attachment 351989

Gorgeous!!!! Yuuuuuummmieeee!!!! 😍

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Gorgeous!!!! Yuuuuuummmieeee!!!! 😍
The pumpkin part was good but you can't fail with a fresh pie pumpkin. I don't have a good recipe for an oil crust though and can't remember how I used to do them. There goes the old saying again "if you don't use it you loose it". Ok I admit I've been lazy the last few years and just bought pie crusts for them 😉

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
The pumpkin part was good but you can't fail with a fresh pie pumpkin. I don't have a good recipe for an oil crust though and can't remember how I used to do them. There goes the old saying again "if you don't use it you loose it". Ok I admit I've been lazy the last few years and just bought pie crusts for them 😉
I would say making piecrust is a pain in the butt, but then again, all cooking to me is a pain in the butt so therefore I won’t say it with any authority. Your 🥧 looked delicious. Truthfully, I can’t ever recall, making a pie crust in my life.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And for some obscure reason known only to my phone it’s slapping commas between every few words randomly. Sorry about that.
That's it blame it on spell check 😁🤗if Chubs doesn't hurry up a bit, he's going to find out his thread went from a farm to table thread 😉💕

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Interesting article on a guy saving African tortoises

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Bad 14hr day. 😞
Could really use Blackdogs video of that
German or Russian guy at the disco that sang a song like a turkey.
It’s the only thing that will make me laugh at this point.
If anyone knows what I speak of could you please re post it for me.?
You’d really be a life saver! 🛟

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix

Not the same but if it plays it always makes me laugh.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
And of course it won’t play unless you’re on Instagram and since I don’t have Instagram, I can’t make it play. I am so sorry. I’m a technological disaster. I hope your day gets better.