The Power Of Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
My Herd gets *Super* busy this time of year.....we have had an Indian summer with temps still high and very humid. The torts are very active in breeding habits......

THE POWER OF LOVE
ffthrhr.gif
Aj39.jpg

A82.jpg

move.jpg

A77.jpg
F33.jpg
oscarhump8-28-11.jpg
hypohump2a.jpg
Sl9.jpg
***OH MY*** :p

Happy Tort~N
JD~:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Is the bird watching?

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
I need the power of love in my herd, lol! JD, I couldnt help but notice your amazing tort shed. I am getting ready to do the same thing. Have you made a post about just the shed? I noticed the walls are plywood, is that a problem when you have to have humidity in there?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
jrcrist4 said:
I need the power of love in my herd, lol! JD, I couldnt help but notice your amazing tort shed. I am getting ready to do the same thing. Have you made a post about just the shed? I noticed the walls are plywood, is that a problem when you have to have humidity in there?

John....you can use exterior plywood or even better marine plywood.
posted 03-07-2003 01:41 AM ET (US)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marine plywood and exterior grade plywood both use the same glue. The difference between the two is that marine plywood is supposed to void free.
In reality, marine grade is generally just nicer but it depends on the grade. Same is true of exterior grade. You definitely do not want to use anything as nasty as CDX. ACX would be an absolute minimum grade of exterior plywood. ABX would be better.

As in all things, inspect the plywood with your eyes. Don't just rely on some label or something a salesman tells you. Count the number of plys. Is the face veneer good? Try bending it. These tests will tell you a lot about the sheet of plywood in question.

Having said all that I would go on to say that yes, exterior plywood will probaby be just fine for this application.

NewhutKat.jpg

A50.jpg
NewHut13.jpg

A81.jpg

Happy Tort Building~ ......

JD~:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I had to confess, every time I read the title of this thread, my mind goes instead to the song line of, "what does love have to do with it?". Wonder what that says about me. I do like your shed and of course those critters. :D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Your backyard reminds me of Mr. Miyagi's backyard on Karate Kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.