The reason behind my lack of involvement the past few months

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
And to tease everybody. When open species on display will include homopus, pssamobates, and natalensis. Africa trip starts next fall for a huge addition in a new conservation of species rarely and or never worked with in North America. So that's exciting. Tiny tortoises. Also some very cool aquatic species from Central America and Southeast Asia.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
And to tease everybody. When open species on display will include homopus, pssamobates, and natalensis. Africa trip starts next fall for a huge addition in a new conservation of species rarely and or never worked with in North America. So that's exciting. Tiny tortoises. Also some very cool aquatic species from Central America and Southeast Asia.

Hey. Can you pick me up some Chersina while you are down in the RSA? 10 or 20 would be good.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I love this specie also........

u=1612874398,4230580750&fm=21&gp=0.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Hey. Can you pick me up some Chersina while you are down in the RSA? 10 or 20 would be good.
They're not very interesting to me . Sold mine few months back. I sure can if you'd like. But wasn't planning on bringing any back.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just amazing!! I was thinking about you and the move the other day!! I remember you worried about how you were going to get all the torts to the new property.
I can't wait to see the different phases you work on!
Congrats!!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Congrats on your new land, how awesome! I see you have a blue and gold macaw? What other parrots live on your land?

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Great space! You have done wonders with the raw space. I am very jealous of that giant cactus! Keep up the pictures.

TurtleBug

10 Year Member!
This material is pretty cool for the roof. It's a new UVB passable limited half life material developed by a small company in north Texas. It's completely recycled and completely "indestructible" plastic if you literally bend it smash it, step on it it will completely reform to its original state. UV passes through it and does deteriorate it.

Awesome place!
What's the name of the plastic?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Impressive! I'm looking forward to seeing all if the updates! Congrats on this gem you own!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
and here I thought a woman was involved

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Absolutely amazing. The pictures make it look so easy! I am sure it has taken hours and hours and hours (plus dollars and dollars and dollars) to get and keep this going. Congratulations and it will be very interesting to follow and watch this awesome place come together.

What types of predators do you have on the land?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Absolutely amazing. The pictures make it look so easy! I am sure it has taken hours and hours and hours (plus dollars and dollars and dollars) to get and keep this going. Congratulations and it will be very interesting to follow and watch this awesome place come together.

What types of predators do you have on the land?
Yes lots and lots of work. I've had a crew of 4 workers with the care keepers helping, my brother, a coworker came down and helped for a week, and my sister in law. My mom has helped too since Christmas. About 60,000 bucks in now and work hours from 6am to 9-10pm. It's to a point now though where the workers aren't coming anymore. Have to watch the spending. So it's all normal routine work from here on out. Bigger projects I'll hire help to expedite things though.

Lots of cara cara, owls, numerous hawk species, indigo snakes, coral snakes, rattle snakes(not many), ocelots, Bobcats, raccoons, coyotes. The Owls seem to be the most predatory ones. They're very very territorial. The cara Cara's are cool but they seem to scavenge more than hunt. Small bird of prey I'd doubt would try and take a tortoise. The only torts aloud out so far are the huge ones. I'm gonna get a better feel for things on the property before putting others out. Will probably net the enclosures heavily.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Congrats on your new land, how awesome! I see you have a blue and gold macaw? What other parrots live on your land?
Yep sure do have a blue and gold. I'm not sure of the parrots species down here. They're currently migrating and very funny. Loud little guys. They fly in flocks of 10-30. In between the size of an eclectus and military macaw. One of the federal parks has had siting of macaws. It's very very rare though. Forget which species it is too. A small one I think. My jaw dropped when I read through the bird siting log of Species in the park. It's literally 1000s of birds. Very cool. That federal park is about 5 miles southwest of the property. Then the state parks are immediately south, an irrigation canal that's fed from the Colorado river divide that pro property and ours. Nice surroundings

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yep sure do have a blue and gold. I'm not sure of the parrots species down here. They're currently migrating and very funny. Loud little guys. They fly in flocks of 10-30. In between the size of an eclectus and military macaw. One of the federal parks has had siting of macaws. It's very very rare though. Forget which species it is too. A small one I think. My jaw dropped when I read through the bird siting log of Species in the park. It's literally 1000s of birds. Very cool. That federal park is about 5 miles southwest of the property. Then the state parks are immediately south, an irrigation canal that's fed from the Colorado river divide that pro property and ours. Nice surroundings
How nice.!! More places for us to see when we coming down.....:):)