The reason I bought my turtles

riley_bla41000

I apologize if I should of put this story somewhere else, I wasn't sure where to put it under so I apologize. Anyway the reason I purchased my turtles is because of my dog. When I was four years old we purchased a standard poodle name chancy. He was free and being sold by a woman who owned a place to keep your pets when your on vacation. Chancy was supposed to be a show dog but couldn't because he Haida skin condition. He was a very good dog and got along with every one he met.
Any way in March during spring break I was at my grandpas when my mom called. She told me that chancy had passed in his sleep. The day before he passed he had been falling down on out wood floor and running into walls. A month after chancy passed my parents took me to Petsmart to adopt a new dog. When I was looking at all the dogs for adoption I felt really sad and couldn't bring myself to adopt a dog. As we were walking out of Petsmart this man, standing by the reptile section, caught my eye .he had a really cool shirt on with a cat that was swinging on a wrecking ball and it was hilarious! So I went over to him to ask him where he got his shirt and while we were talking I heard scratching coming from the inside of a box that he was holding. So I asked him what was in the box and he told me it was a red eared slider turtle. After we talked I went home and researched red eared sliders and I got addicted, so the next week, I went back to Petsmart and purchased my precious babies Myrtle and Bruce! And now they're the loves of my life
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419485228.461726.jpg

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Pretty dog. I've had several standard poodles. Growing up we always had at least one and my mom still has one.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I've had 8 over the years. The 1st one we got was a European King Standard Poodle. He was awesome, they have shorter and wider snouts and border chests. The other 7 were American Standards.

riley_bla41000

I've had 8 over the years. The 1st one we got was a European King Standard Poodle. He was awesome, they have shorter and wider snouts and border chests. The other 7 were American Standards.
Our first and third poodles were European king standards, in my opinion I think they are prettier than the American standards, but both of the European standards we had weren't very good dogs. Chancy was an American standard.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So sad about Chancy. He looks pretty darned cute in the picture.

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
Sorry about Chancy. I understand you, because I used to have two hermit crabs Hope and Will, and after their passing I couldn't bring myself to get another hermit crab. So I looked to turtles instead :D they're my pride and joy