The siblings are moving in

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Temple City, Ca
My son came outside and said he was eating. I walked in doubting it and he had food hanging out of his mouth. I was so worried he wouldn't want to eat - that it was too much effort. I am happy, happy, happy.

Dawna

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
He was so bad I really thought he was not going to make it. Now we have lots of hope and it is all good now.

Dawna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, not peas. They're not supposed to have legumes. In fact, keep watching him and if he's eating on his own, you might consider not harassing him with the forced feedings.

Yvonne

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
galvinkaos said:
He was so bad I really thought he was not going to make it. Now we have lots of hope and it is all good now.

Dawna

I know exactly what you mean because I went through the same thing with Gwen. It is just so great when they respond, and you cross that hump where you know they are going to be okay.

Kristina

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
For torts not eating, soaking them in nutrient rich water can both hydrate them and give them a little nutrients such as Vitamin A. The following quote from Yvonne explains it well:

"In the meantime, try soaking him in baby food water. I buy the Gerber brand strained carrots, squash or sweet potatoes because they have the highest Vit.a content. For a small tortoise I put a half a jar in a small high-sided container then stir in enough warm water to come up to the middle of the sides of the baby. Leave him soaking for about 15 minutes. They absorb some of the nutrients from the water through the thin skin under their neck and around the cloaca."

Status
Not open for further replies.