The Start of a New Indoor Enclosure for our Box Turtles

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
image.jpg Just picked this rather large kiddy pool up courtesy of Craigs List. I'm getting ready to give it a good soaping and scrub down. Then bring it inside and fill up with good garden soil, peatmoss, leaves, some ground cover, plenty of hides, watering area, etc for our boxies. It's a nice size container, nice high walls, providing plenty of roaming room, and burrowing and digging, etc. not a bad catch for $20.00.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Hmm, that could make a sweet waterfall for aquatic turtles... do you know what the brand is?
That could make soooo many variations of great enclosures! What a great find. :D

The maker is Step 2 - i did some searches i don't see this one exactly, but seems like they have a few different types.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Awesome find

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Ok, enclosure cleaned up, some peatmoss, plants, old deciduous leafbed from last years harvest, some nice Maryland sedimentary stones, an old log, some watering bowls, and about set.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    582.4 KB · Views: 49

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
WOW, it looks so nice! It looks like someone is really liking it :p
I couldn't find that exact model you found, with the waterfall and everything :( but STEP2 kiddie pools are nice in general... so great job, that was a great idea :D

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
View attachment 98656 Just picked this rather large kiddy pool up courtesy of Craigs List. I'm getting ready to give it a good soaping and scrub down. Then bring it inside and fill up with good garden soil, peatmoss, leaves, some ground cover, plenty of hides, watering area, etc for our boxies. It's a nice size container, nice high walls, providing plenty of roaming room, and burrowing and digging, etc. not a bad catch for $20.00.
That looks something really great! A well-done job. Keep us updated please. Thank you