The start of my outdoor enclosure for my Russian tortoise

Alice123

Location (City and/or State)
New London,ct
I went by the to list of safe plants I found would appreciate any feedback if I need to change anything

20190610_125701.jpg 20190610_125650.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Depending upon how big your tortoise is, the sides may not be tall enough. Imagine your tortoise standing on his back legs on tippy toe and stretching, reaching as far as he can with his front legs. In that position, can he get his front claws over the top board? If the answer is yes, then he can climb out. I'm not a fan of sand. If it gets on the food and he eats much of it, it may cause impaction. And, last but not least, he won't be able to get water out of the turtle. Because of their non bendable shell, they have to be able to reach into the water with their neck, and they just can't put that neck out, up, over then down. Doesn't work. Other than that, it's a very nice enclosure. I can see you've spent a lot of time and thought on it and you've made a very eye-pleasing place for your tortoise to live. I like it!

Alice123

New London,ct
Ty for the Input buildg a lid to keep him in and other animals out next weekend wasn't sure about turtle ty for that I have another bowl shaped like a rock with steps I'll switch it out with

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
It looks like you have some succulents growing. Sometimes too much of these in a tortoise's diet can cause diarrhea. May be something to watch out for.

You have some nice rocks so far. Your tort may enjoy climbing on a few more. :) This will help keep claws filed down naturally too.