The suspect egg...Warning! picture is graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate NY
I agree with Jacqui, I wanted to see the pictures as well. Its nature, maybe the cruel side of nature, but nature just the same!

I was really hoping the second one would live!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am sorry for the loss, but keep thinking of the positive knowledge that these two little guys have added to us. Each time I see a set of these, it just amazes me and yes normally they end sadly but those few times they survive makes them such miracles. Since it seems most are attached at the umbilical/stomach/heart area, my fear is always what internal parts are they sharing that we can't see. Much as the problem with conjoined human twins (siamese twins).

Kelly, I am sorry for your exciting and high expectation time to have turned out to be such a sad time, once the hatching happened.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Kelly, I just saw this post with interest also. I know it's hard, but that second one probably was destined to be a sickly one. But then again stranger things have happened.We always want that underdog to win!
I am curious, and you may have already answered this in another thread, What made you suspicious about the egg. Size? I know I get doubles in jumbo eggs sometimes.
Na

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, so sorry to hear that your twins didn't make it. I appreciate the pics though as I always look for learning experiences. So sorry this one was as your and babys expense. We all know some torts are just not meant to survive but it is hard anyway to loose one let alone two. Hugs to you and what you went through in trying to save baby.

S

stells

When the egg was candled quite early on i had my suspicions.... there were two blobs to start with at each end of the egg and a pulsating part in the middle which i now know was the deformed ones heart.... as the egg got more and more developed it was quite obvious that there were two masses in the egg....

On a brighter note a second egg has started to hatch... to say i am nervous is an understatement... fingers crossed again folks....

S

stells

Thanks everyone the support means alot... glad the pictures were wanted :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, sending good thoughts your way for a healthy happy new little Morrocan hatchling from egg#2 :)

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Just saw this thread. So sorry the twins didn't make it.
What happened with #2 egg? Did it hatch?
Good luck
Patsy

S

stells

yep number 2 egg has hatched and number 3... so now have 2 little hatchling Moroccans.... pictures are in the picture section :D

Status
Not open for further replies.