The Tortoise Police.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If he's a "breeder" of tortoises, it might do you a bit of good to post a Vendor Review here on the Forum. We have many members, and your voice is quite loud here.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Laura said:
did you purchase this tortoise Before joining this site or after?
there are a lot of people here that could get you not only a better deal,, but healthy...
I hope it all works out.

After I joined this site. I am trying to find a breeder. No one will ship to me until January which is fine with me, I will be sharing the life with a tortoise the rest of my life. I am able to be patient.

wellington said:
He'd be stupid to sue you. However, I would document and record everything that happens now between the two if you. I would also give his name in the vender/breeder review so hopefully no one else buys from him. So sorry, I hope this other one you have makes it.

I started documenting our conversations after I got the tortoise home and I noticed it was sick. I hope my other one makes it too. :/

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would be careful posting bad reviews. He could sue you for defamation of character. Wait to it blows over then post them. This guy sounds like a douchebag.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Re: RE: The Tortoise Police.

mike taylor said:
I would be careful posting bad reviews. He could sue you for defamation of character. Wait to it blows over then post them. This guy sounds like a douchebag.

I agree with Mike. This is a great time to take the high road. Keep being as polite as you can. If he harasses you, you now have even more power over him. What a ridiculous situation!

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I agree with both of you. I haven't sent him any messages after speaking to the police.

Pokeymeg said:
mike taylor said:

I agree with Mike. This is a great time to take the high road. Keep being as polite as you can. If he harasses you, you now have even more power over him. What a ridiculous situation!

jshaw9_

5 Year Member
I'm a law graduate but only uk law unfortunately but similar rules apply in the US. Just document everything make sure you have print outs of all his emails with times and dates. May also be worth while writing down how it made you feel? Anxious, loss of sleep/appetite things like that just to cover yourself. :)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
jshaw9_ said:
I'm a law graduate but only uk law unfortunately but similar rules apply in the US. Just document everything make sure you have print outs of all his emails with times and dates. May also be worth while writing down how it made you feel? Anxious, loss of sleep/appetite things like that just to cover yourself. :)

Thank you Jshaw9. I appreciate you very much.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
What state are ya in? I have access to legal information most people dont (lexis nexis) I can conjure up some research :)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
TommyZ said:
What state are ya in? I have access to legal information most people dont (lexis nexis) I can conjure up some research :)

I am in Colorado.

Vishnu2 said:
TommyZ said:

I am in Colorado.

I have his license plate number if that helps.